Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t_schueller
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Qlik Compose - Databricks - required driver class not found: com.simba.spark.jdbc.Driver

Hi,

I used Qlik C4DW with Databricks and it worked fine. On the same server, I installed the new product Qlik Compose (merge between C4DW and C4DL). In Qlik Compose when I try to connect to Databricks with exactly the same parameters as C4DL, I have this issue: Required driver class not found: com.simba.spark.jdbc.Driver.

My C4DL is disabled, my compose agent is running on local server and the SimbaJDBC is in the compose install folder/java/jdbc. I restart my Qlik Compose server after all changes.

Any idea what I might have missed?

t_schueller_0-1617836859314.pngt_schueller_1-1617836866791.png

t_schueller_2-1617836871175.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

in Qlik Compose, we are now using a different JDBC driver.  C4DL used the 41 driver / driver class.  But Qlik Compose leverages the Spark 42 driver.   (This is mentioned in the docs, but is different between C4DL and Qlik Compose).

Please download the SparkJDBC42.jar from Databricks, place into the jdbc folder and bounce the Qlik Compose service.

TimGarrod_0-1617848688349.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

in Qlik Compose, we are now using a different JDBC driver.  C4DL used the 41 driver / driver class.  But Qlik Compose leverages the Spark 42 driver.   (This is mentioned in the docs, but is different between C4DL and Qlik Compose).

Please download the SparkJDBC42.jar from Databricks, place into the jdbc folder and bounce the Qlik Compose service.

TimGarrod_0-1617848688349.png

t_schueller
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hi Tim,

Thanks, I missed this information in the documentation and yet I had checked. Do you have a link where it's mentioned in the docs?

Best regards,

Thibaut