cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huan
Contributor
Contributor

No existing projects on newly upgraded version of Compose

I just upgraded Compose from the version of November 2020 7.0.0.356 to the latest version of August 2021.  After the upgrade, I don't see my previous projects on the new version.   Is there anyway I can get them back in my upgraded version of Compose 2021.8.0.465?  I appreciate it.  Thanks. 

Huan Nguyen

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Adam_Herman
Support
Support

Hi @Huan ,

In the first post, you mentioned: "version November 2020 7.0.0.356" which is Compose for DWH, and now I see it's Compose 6.6 (which is DataLake). 
If it's DataLake, then please review and follow the procedure (with videos) in the below link, for DataLake migration from 6.6 to Qlik Compose: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Pre-Requisites-for-Migrating-Projects-from-Compose-for-Data/...

If it's DWH, then the provided steps in my previous post should solve the issue, if not, then kindly raise a support case, and I will investigate this further. 

Please keep me updated with your status, and do not hesitate to contact me for any other queries you might have.

All the best,
Adam

View solution in original post

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@Huan  We worked on this issue on case# 00031002. The reason you were not able to see the project was that your upgrade process from V7.x to 2020 7.0.0.356 was not carried out correctly.  As discussed on the call associated with the case I worked on, there is no direct path to move from V7.x to 2020 7.0.0.356, you'll have to run the migration in 2 steps V7.x--> 2021.2 -->2021.8to get your V7.x project into 2021.8.

The below steps were carried out to get your V7.x project in 2021.8.

1. Backup the V7.x data and java folder
2. Uninstalled 2021.8 software - backed up the data and java folder
3 Uninstalled V7.x
4. Installed 2021.2.X
5. Ran the upgrade script in 2021.2
6. Installed 2021.8 on top of 2021.2
7. Generated upgrade script for all the projects
8. Ran the upgrade scripts manually against the database
9. Regenerated ETL instructions for all the projects

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Nanda

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Adam_Herman
Support
Support

Hi @Huan ,

When upgrading to Qlik Compose, after installing the patch you must also:

• Generate the upgrade scripts
  • Run the upgrade script in each of your data warehouse databases
  • Regenerate the data mart ETLs

To generate and run the script:

1. From the Start menu, open the Compose Command-Line console and run the following command from the Compose directory (for example:  "C:\Program Files\Qlik\Compose\bin\" ComposeCli connect)
       ComposeCli.exe connect

2. Run the following command:
        ComposeCli.exe generate_upgrade_scripts

For each of your projects, the CLI output will tell you the name of the script and its location.
Example:
C:\Program Files\Qlik\Compose\data\projects\Project_1\ddl-scripts\ComposeUpgradeFrom2021_8SP4To2021_8SP10Project_1__210714142110.sql

3. Access each of your databases using SQL Workbench or a similar tool and run the script.
           4. When the script completes successfully, generate and run your tasks in Compose.

Kindly refer to the following release notes for additional information: 
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/compose/August2021/pdf/Compose-Release-Notes.pdf

Please keep me updated if any issues. 

Regards,
Adam

Huan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Adam.   The problem that I am still having is that I am not able to see all my projects from the old version of Compose 6.6 on my newly upgraded Compose of August 2021.  How can I bring back all my projects? 

Thanks Huan

Adam_Herman
Support
Support

Hi @Huan ,

In the first post, you mentioned: "version November 2020 7.0.0.356" which is Compose for DWH, and now I see it's Compose 6.6 (which is DataLake). 
If it's DataLake, then please review and follow the procedure (with videos) in the below link, for DataLake migration from 6.6 to Qlik Compose: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Pre-Requisites-for-Migrating-Projects-from-Compose-for-Data/...

If it's DWH, then the provided steps in my previous post should solve the issue, if not, then kindly raise a support case, and I will investigate this further. 

Please keep me updated with your status, and do not hesitate to contact me for any other queries you might have.

All the best,
Adam

Huan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Adam, 

My apology to you that has caused confusion.  We have Compose for DW, not for Data Lake.  I accidentally posted my issue under the wrong forum of Compose for Data Lake.  Do you have any idea that we can get all projects back after the upgrade? 

Adam_Herman
Support
Support

Hi @Huan,

No problem at all.

I just need to understand please, what do you mean by "get all projects back after the upgrade"? 
What exactly you're facing now? Do you still have the projects under:
C:\Program Files\Attunity\Compose for Data Warehouses\data\projects

Could you please share the exact steps you took for the upgrade?
==========================================================================================
In addition, I have attached a file here that explains the steps which you need to perform for upgrading from DWH to Qlik Compose Aug. 
Please let me know you've followed these exact steps. 
If so, and the issue still persists, then please raise a case with the support team, and I will investigate this behavior further.

Kindly keep me updated.

Regards,
Adam

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@Huan did Adam answer your question ?

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@Huan  We worked on this issue on case# 00031002. The reason you were not able to see the project was that your upgrade process from V7.x to 2020 7.0.0.356 was not carried out correctly.  As discussed on the call associated with the case I worked on, there is no direct path to move from V7.x to 2020 7.0.0.356, you'll have to run the migration in 2 steps V7.x--> 2021.2 -->2021.8to get your V7.x project into 2021.8.

The below steps were carried out to get your V7.x project in 2021.8.

1. Backup the V7.x data and java folder
2. Uninstalled 2021.8 software - backed up the data and java folder
3 Uninstalled V7.x
4. Installed 2021.2.X
5. Ran the upgrade script in 2021.2
6. Installed 2021.8 on top of 2021.2
7. Generated upgrade script for all the projects
8. Ran the upgrade scripts manually against the database
9. Regenerated ETL instructions for all the projects

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Nanda