Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paz_ufst
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrading Compose for datalakes from version 6.3 to 6.5

Hello,

I am relatively new in Compose for datalakes and I have the task of upgrading from version 6.3 to version 6.5. I cannot find any documentation of the procedure, specially which directories or files I need to have a backup of.

Is there anyone out there that can help with this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adiagam
Employee
Employee

Hi,

First, I guess you know it’s best practice to read all of the release notes comments of the versions in between. Specifically, you should refer to the parts dealing with upgrade (depending on your project type):
1. “Post-Upgrade Procedures for Hive Project Optimization” in Compose for Data lakes 6.4 release notes
2. “Upgrading Attunity Compose” in Compose for Data Lakes 6.5 release notes

Other than that, the upgrade should be pretty straight forward. Once you run the Compose installation, it should automatically detect the existing version and suggest upgrade instead of fresh installation. Because 6.4 does have special instructions, I do recommend upgrading to 6.4 first, carrying the instructions and then upgrading to 6.5.

Second, regarding your specific version on backup, the relevant directories for backup are:
1. The installation directory
2. The data directory, if you changed it from the default

If you want to be cautious you can also backup the database you used, so you can easily rollback instead of a catastrophe.

Third, sorry we didn’t respond faster. I’ll check how we can accelerate answering future questions.

Looking forward to hear how did it go.

Thanks,
Adi Agam
CPO

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ritu_Jain
Former Employee
Former Employee

We have forwarded your request to a member in the support team. We will be contacting you with their response soon. Thanks for your patience.
adiagam
Employee
Employee

Hi,

First, I guess you know it’s best practice to read all of the release notes comments of the versions in between. Specifically, you should refer to the parts dealing with upgrade (depending on your project type):
1. “Post-Upgrade Procedures for Hive Project Optimization” in Compose for Data lakes 6.4 release notes
2. “Upgrading Attunity Compose” in Compose for Data Lakes 6.5 release notes

Other than that, the upgrade should be pretty straight forward. Once you run the Compose installation, it should automatically detect the existing version and suggest upgrade instead of fresh installation. Because 6.4 does have special instructions, I do recommend upgrading to 6.4 first, carrying the instructions and then upgrading to 6.5.

Second, regarding your specific version on backup, the relevant directories for backup are:
1. The installation directory
2. The data directory, if you changed it from the default

If you want to be cautious you can also backup the database you used, so you can easily rollback instead of a catastrophe.

Third, sorry we didn’t respond faster. I’ll check how we can accelerate answering future questions.

Looking forward to hear how did it go.

Thanks,
Adi Agam
CPO