Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtompkins
Creator
Creator

Migrating Compose objects from CSV

Hello,

We are finally getting ready to upgrade our Compose version to 6.6. I was reading the documentation about the new functionality that enables migrating Compose objects as CSVs as opposed to migrating the entire project. From what I can see from the documentation, it appears that this functionality is only available via the CLI? Is there any plans to make this available from the GUI? Our developers and admins do not have access to the Compose server and therefore we do not have access to the CLI, and we have to go through a separate unit when we need to access the servers, which up until now has only been to upgrade to newer versions. 

Are there any suggestions / best practices you can share? I imagine this situation is probably not unique to us.

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Reply
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Hi - currently this is only available via the CLI.    I recommend putting an Idea in the Ideation section of the forum to request a UI feature (or even the ability to download the CLI and run it remotely)? 

Currently - as a workaround you can - 

install Compose on your workstation (but not run the service / input a license). 

Have a network / shared drive to the server.  This is where downloads would be placed(as they are done server side) and you would place CSV's there for upload mechanisms also. 

You can then run CLI from your local machine and connect to the remote server by passing in the URL.  

Just note that the files need to be accessible by the Compose server for now (hence the need for a shared /network drive).

Hope this helps!