Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kiakranthi
Contributor
Contributor

Bulk of data transfer to one file, Data base ?

As someone who has experience in mainframe development, I'm interested in learning more about data transfer methodologies, particularly when it comes to file transfer and storage. I have a few questions that I hope someone in the community can help me with.Firstly, what are the different types of file transfer methods that are commonly used nowadays? Are there any specific tools or applications that are recommended for file transfer, and what are some best practices to keep in mind when using these tools?Secondly, I'm curious to know more about the various storage methods that are available. You mentioned pendrive, computer storage, and database storage, but are there any other types of storage that are commonly used? How do these storage methods differ from each other, and what are some of the advantages and disadvantages of each? can you provide some more information about mainframe software and database storage? How do these methodologies work, and what kind of data can be stored using them? Are there any limitations or considerations that need to be taken into account when using these methodologies for data transfer and storage?

Lastly, I'm interested to hear from anyone who has experience with using different types of data transfer methodologies. How do these methodologies compare to each other, and what are some of the benefits and challenges of using them for data transfer and storage?

Thank you in advance for your insights and expertise!

2 Replies
cheder22
Contributor
Contributor

We currently run both Replicate and Compose on-prem on WindowServer 2019 and a 2019SS Std addition. While not a huge DW or huge set of DM's, large number of dims and a very wide set of fact tables. We have a bit of everything, T2 Dim/facts, split hierarchies, aggregate facts.

Performance, for us, is very acceptable on-prem. Tons of cpu/memory and huge, yet someone slow, hdd disk arrays.

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @kiakranthi 

Thanks for your post. I am afraid it is so broad it may be difficult to get a meaningful response. Are you currently using a Qlik data integration product? Do you have a specific question about it?

If you are looking to compare products or evaluate how Qlik can assist you, it would be best to reach out to one of our sales reps. You can fill out this form or call the number at the link: Contact Qlik Sales | Data Integration and Analytics

Regards,

Dana