Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ray0801
Creator
Creator

Date and Time entities in Model

Hi,

I have added the date and time entities in the model but I am not able to select it from the source list in the mapping.

dateeeeeeeee.JPG

Labels (1)
7 Replies
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

If you wish to use tables that reside in the DW Model as sources for mappings - you can either - 

1. Use a query based mapping and type in the query (eg. SELECT * FROM TDWH_Date_Hub).    Since the DW tables wouldn't support CDC mechanisms this is an appropriate method to use those tables as additional mapping sources. 

2. Create a "Landing connection" that points to the DWH database / schema.  Then the tables will be available as sources in the drop down / selection. 

Hrishikesh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is there any way we can expose Date and Time as dimensions in the Data Mart for BI use?

TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Yes- when you go through the Star Schema wizard to create a fact table - there is a tab on the dimensions page for DATE and TIME.  These will get picked up based on data types in the model. (Any attribute with a DATE/DATETIME will be used to enable DATE/TIME dimension role playing).

Anonymous
Not applicable

I added the DATE and TIME to the Model, Validated the Warehouse and they were added as tables but not populated.  How do I get them populated?

TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous  - Compose should have generated and executed a DML script to populate the tables.

Under the project menu you can select "Show DDL Scripts" - and you should see  Fill_TimeModel_XXXX and Fill_DateModel_XXX scripts.

TimGarrod_0-1605891557757.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TimGarrod  I only have the 2 adjustment scripts that created the 2 tables  with a single column placeholder and associated views 

Brian-Kucharski_0-1605892928440.png

Jilliana
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the information keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.