cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dutoitr
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Help Needed. Using Compose DW with MS Synapse as Target

Has anyone worked on or done a project to deploy Replicate and Compose DW with Microsoft Synapse SQLpool as Target?
Do you maybe have some guidance or tips or sanity checklists?

We are having quite some challenges trying to work with this, as Synapse looks like SQL, but behaves somewhat different in the way it operates apparently 😁

Our scenario:

• Data Source: Microsoft SQL RDMS (Azure MI in the future maybe)
  • Data Source approximate size: 400GB+
  • Type of solution attempting: Trying to do a data vault style where we Replicate the source tables to a landing Schema (Full Load with CDC after that) and then Run Compose against this by discovering the model from the SQL Source and leveraging the Generated Model to have a Warehouse and for the Data Marts to leverage the discovered relationships.
  • Data Target: MS Synapse Analytics (old Azure SQL DW) using a dedicated SQL pool (DWU100-300)
  • Products: Compose Feb 2021 (Upgrading to May 2021 shortly), Replicate Nov 2020 (moving to May 2021 soon)
1 Reply
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Hi @dutoitr  , Can you describe some of the "challenges" you are having? 

I have a number of sample projects utilizing Synapse and we have customers using Synapse with Compose today.    Is the challenge related to Replicate delivering to Synapse and configuration or Compose or ? 

Ensure you are using the Synapse endpoint in Replicate, and configure Compose project connection as Synapse.  All other functionality in Compose / code generation is then specific to Synapse. 

If you can describe the issues you are having, I can be more pointed in my response 🙂