Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t_schueller
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Qlik Compose - Snowflake issue: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized

Hi,

I used Qlik C4DW with snowflake and it worked fine. On the same server, I installed the new product Qlik Compose (merge between C4DW and C4DL).

In Qlik Compose when I try to connect to Snowflake with exactly the same parameters as C4DW, I have this issue: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Do you have any ideas?

Qlik C4DW

t_schueller_0-1617097372848.png

Qlik Compose

t_schueller_1-1617097395086.png

Thanks,

Best regards,

Thibaut

Labels (1)
12 Replies
philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I still have that issue:

IS there a different solution for this, I am facing the same behaviour, when trying to connect Compose to MS SQL Server (to set up a Data Warehouse).

In prior Versions this was not an issue, but after upgrading to Version August 2021 (Compose4DL) the "test connection" fails with an 401 error.

The user running the Compose Service was/is Admin on both system (Qlik Compose Server and MS  SQL Server)

The user can log on  to SQL Server without problems...

With Qlik Replicate (on the same Server as Compose is) I can easily execute and Create Relaod and CDC tasks...

A complete uninstall and re-install of Compose does not help....

qdi.png

the compose logs constantly show: [START: 2021-10-25 14:39:23 Qlik Compose Version: 2021.8.0.139]
4 2021-10-25 14:39:24 [Host ] [INFO ] Setting up web host
4 2021-10-25 14:39:25 [Host ] [INFO ] The server will listen on the following location: http://trnbiqv01.terna-bi.com/qlikcompose
4 2021-10-25 14:39:25 [Host ] [INFO ] The server will listen on the following location: https://trnbiqv01.terna-bi.com/qlikcompose
4 2021-10-25 14:39:25 [Host ] [INFO ] Starting web host
4 2021-10-25 14:39:25 [Host ] [INFO ] Web host started
6 2021-10-25 14:39:28 [Compose ] [INFO ] Java Server:starting REST server.
6 2021-10-25 14:39:29 [Compose ] [INFO ] Java Server:Listening on port: 49771
6 2021-10-25 14:39:29 [Compose ] [INFO ] Java Server:Hit Q<Enter> to stop:
9 2021-10-25 14:39:34 [Host ] [WARN ] Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (401) Nicht autorisiert.
System.Net.WebException: Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (401) Nicht autorisiert.
bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
bei Attunity.Infrastructure.Globals.AtRestApiClientUtils.A(CookieContainer , Boolean )
bei Attunity.Infrastructure.Globals.AtRestApiClientUtils.A(String , String , String[] , Object , Stream , String , Boolean )
bei Attunity.Infrastructure.Globals.AtRestApiClientUtils.A(String , String , String[] , Object , Stream , String )
bei Attunity.ComposeEngineCtl.Client.ComposeEngineCtlClient.ComposePing(ComposePingParams restParams, PingMessage req)
37 2021-10-25 14:39:34 [Host ] [WARN ] Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (401) Nicht autorisiert.
System.Net.WebException: Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (401) Nicht autorisiert.
bei Attunity.Infrastructure.Globals.AtRestApiClientUtils.A(CookieContainer , Boolean )
bei Attunity.Infrastructure.Globals.AtRestApiClientUtils.A(String , String , String[] , Object , Stream , String , Boolean )
bei Attunity.Infrastructure.Globals.AtRestApiClientUtils.A(String , String , String[] , Object , Stream , String )
bei Attunity.ComposeEngineCtl.Client.ComposeEngineCtlClient.ComposePing(ComposePingParams restParams, PingMessage req)
37 2021-10-25 14:39:36 [Host ] [WARN ] Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (401) Nicht autorisiert.
37 2021-10-25 14:39:37 [Host ] [WARN ] Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (401) Nicht autorisiert.

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello, further investigation indicate that this issue is somehow related to an SSL Certificate which i applied in order to run compose via HTTPS. COnsole opens up without Certificate error but the error logs say the following :

Remote name culd not be resolved  (i guess the remotename is the Servername of the SQL Server)

Der Remotename konnte nicht aufgelöst werden: 'https'
System.Net.WebException: Der Remotename konnte nicht aufgelöst werden: 'https'

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Praise to Qlik Support, for helping me out:

The agent wasn't connected to the Server, so we have performed the below steps, which solved the issue:
1. Backup data/projects folder
2. Backup GlobalRepository.sqlite file
3. Stop Compose service
4. Open GlobalRepository.sqlite (using DB Browser)
5. Go to Browse Data tab
6. From Table option scroll down to "objecst"
7. Search the "JavaServerConfiguration" type , mark the whole row and delete it (screenshot attached)
8. Save the file, start Compose service again.