Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolo_cordini
Partner - Contributor III

Repository corruption?

Hello

I am observing an important UI performance degradation in Compose. For example, after clicking on "Manage" in Data Mart section, a blank page appears and it takes about a minute for the schemas metadata to show up.

I also noticed an evident latency when launching Generate or Validate actions, but system resources are not overloaded.

Occasionaly, I get errors like in the screenshot below. 

paolo_cordini_0-1675764151653.png

paolo_cordini_1-1675764169109.png

I suspect some kind of corruption of the repository. Does enyone have some experience about it?

Thanks

Paolo

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @paolo_cordini 

Were there any recent changes to the environment, or patches / upgrades applied?

Please try clearing the browser cache & cookies, just to rule that out.

Thanks,

Dana

paolo_cordini
Author

Hi Dana

No, I didn't apply any changes recently.

I followed your suggestion but it didn't solve the issue.

A data Mart validation takes several minutes instead of few seconds.

Thanks

Paolo

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @paolo_cordini 

I could not find anything in our solution database for the first error. The second error suggests a table was created with the same name as an existing one, but perhaps with lower case letters instead of mixed case/capital letters. Is your database configured to be case sensitive?

I also found a similar case with the second error but it happens in a more specific use case, customer installed the 2021.8 verison, created a new DW project & tried to import projects from version 6.6. There was a patch issued for it, but it doesn't sound like what you're encountering.

What is the full version number of Compose you are running? We might need a support case created to handle this issue best, in case we need to engage our internal support team.

Thanks,

Dana

paolo_cordini
Author

Hi Dana

the errors are occasional and they oddly disappears after retrying some times. I am more worried about the latency and the slowness of the UI.

I will open a support case for that.

Regards

Paolo

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@paolo_cordini is the latency issue during validation only related to DM or is it applies to DWH validation as well? What is your Data warehouse? synapse/snowflake/SQL server?  Please indicate the version of Compose you are running.

paolo_cordini
Author

The latency applies to DWH validation and generation as well. DWH is MS SQL Server. Version is May 2022 (2022.5.0.523).

At the moment, the latency on validation and generation seems to be spontaneously solved. So, maybe it could be related to some temporary infrastructure criticity.

There is only a latency when open a DM. For that, I have a support case opened.

Thank you

Paolo

Adam_Herman
Support
Support

Hi @paolo_cordini 

We have this covered in a case you've already raised and we are working on it. 

I will be updating the case once additional information has been made available.

Kind Regards,
Adam