Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pandabrowski
Partner - Contributor III

Reserved names

Hi,

I'm doing a setup of the basic model and I have encountered error with the domain name: "Reserved name".

to avoid future problems, could you provide me with a list of reserved names and other limitations for the naming of the objects? In documentation I've found only reserved words for the projects.

thanks, RD

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

@pandabrowski  - thanks.  The only reserved column names are the following.  Every physical table in the dw gets the following columns - 

• ID  - surrogate key managed by Compose
  • RUNNO_INSERT - the ETL runno that the record is inserted
  • RUNNO_UPDATE - the ETL runno that the record was updated
  • FD - From date for Type 2.  The name of this column can be altered in Project settings if you'd prefer to have FROM_DATE, EFF_DT, EFFECTIVE_DATE or whatever your preference is.  The name you put in the project settings will be "reserved". 
  • TD - To date / end date for type 2. The name of this column can be altered in Project settings if you'd prefer to have TO_DATE , END_DT etc  or whatever your preference is.  The name you put in the project settings will be "reserved". 

Note - if you have Discovered a set of entities from source or landing that have "ID" as the column name - you can simply rename the Attribute Domain and the new name will cascade (for any entity where you haven't manually overwritten the attribute names).   For example - you can rename to "src_ID" and attributes will be renamed in the model.    If you do this - the mappings will retain their mapping to the new column name. 

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Hi @pandabrowski  - this is in Qlik Compose for Data Warehouses correct?   Are you saying you created an Attribute domain with the name "Reserved name" ?

pandabrowski
Author

Hi @TimGarrod 

nope, it is the error I've encountered. The name of the column was 'id'  🙂

TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

@pandabrowski  - thanks.  The only reserved column names are the following.  Every physical table in the dw gets the following columns - 

• ID  - surrogate key managed by Compose
  • RUNNO_INSERT - the ETL runno that the record is inserted
  • RUNNO_UPDATE - the ETL runno that the record was updated
  • FD - From date for Type 2.  The name of this column can be altered in Project settings if you'd prefer to have FROM_DATE, EFF_DT, EFFECTIVE_DATE or whatever your preference is.  The name you put in the project settings will be "reserved". 
  • TD - To date / end date for type 2. The name of this column can be altered in Project settings if you'd prefer to have TO_DATE , END_DT etc  or whatever your preference is.  The name you put in the project settings will be "reserved". 

Note - if you have Discovered a set of entities from source or landing that have "ID" as the column name - you can simply rename the Attribute Domain and the new name will cascade (for any entity where you haven't manually overwritten the attribute names).   For example - you can rename to "src_ID" and attributes will be renamed in the model.    If you do this - the mappings will retain their mapping to the new column name. 

Hope that helps!

pandabrowski
Author

Thanks, I renamed the object, but as I'm developing the source model i wanted to know which names should i avoid.