cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can not start Qlik Web Connectors even though the latest version is installed

Hi,

Starting from today I am unable to start Qlik Web Connectors 2.2.0.20135, I am getting error:

"There is a new version available for download. Please take this opportunity to use the most recent version."

I have attached screenshot and the log file, the error I am getting in the log file is:

3/1/2018 4:20:48 PM LICENCE_TIME_LIMIT_EXCEEDED

Note: I am using standard, non premium connectors, so it should not expire, another interesting issue is that I had similar issue in July 2017, but I got it resolved by install 2.2.0.20135 whereas publicly it was not available yet (only 2.1 was available at the time). I have tried downloading the latest binaries bu this did not resolve the issue.

9 Replies
Darren_Ball
Employee
Employee

Hi,

You need to install the latest version of the Qlik Web Connectors, which you can get from the Qlik Download site, and under the 'Connector' tab, you'll see them listed. You should get the November 2017, Patch 1 installer.

Since you are using non-Premium connectors, these lock up at fixed points in time as stated in the release notes and blog release announcements. But i appreciate that these can be easy to miss. So, the November 2017 release will lock up on 30-Nov-2018.

I'm not sure why you couldn't get 2.2 in July because this was released in April '17.

We aim to release new versions around 2 months before previous versions lock up.

I understand that the need to update versions by fixed dates may be frustrating, but this enables us to ensure that the latest versions of the product are in use/circulation, because across the 40 connectors, APIs are constantly changing.

Thanks,

Darren

Product Manager - Qlik Web Connectors.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you are only using non-premium connectors then they will expire periodically.  The documentation is quite clear as to when each release will expire.  You will need to upgrade to the latest version, read the documentation for where there are breaking changes in the releases - also check the posts in this Community group.

The fact it is talking about a licence I am wondering if you had a trial licence at some point?  Check the Licence tab on the config page of QWC, click the Delete Current LEF button if you have an old licence there.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am well aware of periodic expiry and do understand the reason behind this, however the catch is that the version I am using - 2.2.0.20135 is actually the latest publicly available version 2.2.0.20135.

The first thing I did was to fetch the latest version from Qlik Market however the latest version available is 2.2

Please advise where do I fetch a newer version?

PS. I have never had a trial license, my needs are covered by the standard connectors.

2018-03-01 16.59.40.png

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Qlik Market is no longer the best place to pick the connectors up from (though I am surprised it is out of date).  You will need to log into your Qlik account (the same one as you use for Community) and go to the downloads page at http://eu-b.demo.qlik.com/download/ .

Your account will need to be registered as a customer account, which as long as you have purchased some kind of licence - even a Desktop one - then it should be fine.  If it does not go to the full download site you will need to contact Qoncierge or your Qlik Partner.

If this does not work out contact me directly and I can send a download link for the latest version.

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It seems I do not have a customer account (no wonder here, I am still trying to sell my management Qlik Sense), can you please share link to the latest version, though I will have the same issue in several month as Qlik Market is not going to be updated in sync with the version expiration (that basically kills the idea of Qlik Sense personal edition and free set of QV standard connectors).

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

sagarpithadia
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Steve,

thank you for the link.

as i went through the conversation, and i learnt that at 2 or 3 month the new version is getting released.

it is good that they are updating it according to the changes in API. however it is difficult for me to find out the latest release on qlik website.

could you please highlight from where can i get the latest release so that it wont hamper my process in future ?

Regards,

Sagar

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As you say the release cadence is every three months, so you can add a note in your own calendar.  The techincal and support blogs on Qlik Community tend to reference the new releases of all products, so it is worth following though.  Through the options when you follow a blog you can chose to have new articles emailed to you.

Hope this helps.

Steve

simongoodman
Creator
Creator

Has anyone recently successfully down loaded the latest Qlik WebConnectors and run them?

The various links seem to be dead ends, or older versions or directed to down load the  Qlikview Personal Edition.

The one version I could download will not set up and says it is not the most recent there version. It advises dealing with services/support. I did this and weeks later received an email from Sales.

All very frustrating.