cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AG
Contributor
Contributor

Connecting with LocalDB in Qlik Sense Business

I am not able to create a connection to database sitting in SQL Express Server Local DB in Cloud (Qlik Sense Business). In Qlik Sense Desktop version , this connection could be created by connecting through 'OLE DB' connector, then selecting SQL server Native Client 11.0 and then putting the server name directly in format '(LocalDB)\instancename'and using Windows authentication for UserName & Password

It is mentioned in support documentation that 'OLE DB' connector is not available for Qlik Sense Business.

Is there a way to connect to Local DB using 'SQL Server' connector or any other connector? Also 'SQL Server' connector require lots of input eg. port name etc. which I am not able to figure out.

PS: I am not from a Network(IT admin) background, so please elaborate if any technical steps involved.

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

2 Replies
Roger1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

We have the same issue.

We can't get the connection from Qlik Sense Business to a SQL Express server working. When we try to connect using an ODBC connection from a windows 10 PC it's working fine, but when we use the same settings in Qlik Sense Business we get the following error using the "Test Connection" button: "ERROR[08001][unixODBC][MySQL](1001) Error occurred while creating socket with message :Name or service not known."

Roger1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

We’ve found a solution to make the connection. It seems that Qlik Sense Business must be able to connect over the internet towards the local SQL server. For that we'd set a fixed TCP port on the SQL server and a NAT rule in the firewall. It’s not the most secure way to make a connection. The description can be found on https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/LoadData/connect-data-so...