Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caseyk
Partner - Contributor III

Custom Connector Troubles

Hi There,

Hoping someone here can help me out. I have been creating a custom connector based off of the "simple" example that's been provided by Qlik.

Most of it is done, I'm just getting hung up on one thing:

I can't pass data from my Server file to my Connection file. In other words, I have chosen a couple of items during the Selection screen that I need to access when I press the Load Data button, but I have no way of being able to do that from what I can tell.

The reason I need to do this is that the actual Loading of the data needs to be dynamic based on a couple of internal values that are found, not just the table name, as it's not really a table that I'm reaching out to.

Even if there's just a way within my C# code to access the text that's on the QlikView Editor, that'd allow me to get what I need from here. But right now, in the Connection file, during the Init() method, I cannot find any way to access any internal information about the connection that I'm using.

If someone can help, that would be awesome, or if anyone needs more information, I'll try to provide it.

Thanks,

Casey

12 Replies
caseyk
Author

That was my issue at that point. My latest issue is that I can't get the syntax right for a table that has a space in the name. I've tried wrapping it in quotes, but also tried putting it into square brackets. Both methods result in an invalid Syntax error message.

It works fine with a table with no spaces. Is there a way through this, or will I be required to manipulate my tables to all have no spaces?

Thanks,

Casey

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I haven't tried spaces in my tablenames. I do use double quotes elsewhere in my select statement, Are you removing escaped quotes in ExtractQuery? Something like:

query = Regex.Replace(query, "\\\"", "");

-Rob

caseyk
Author

Thank you again. I adjusted my table names to remove spaces and other special characters, and I'm up and running now.

I appreciate all of your help. Have a great rest of your week.

Thanks,
Casey