Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google sheets permission levels and Qlik Cloud

I'm trying to build an application in Qlik cloud using data from google sheets. The sheets in question are only viewable by certain people within the organization - how can I grand view permission to a qlik cloud account?

3 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Caleb,

Which version of Qlik Cloud are you using?

With Cloud Basic you right click an app to publish it to your Stream. You can then click on your Stream (you should see your app there) and then click Share and enter the email address of up to five users.

With Cloud Basic anything you share with any of those people is shared with all of them.

With Cloud for Business there are much better options around sharing different information with different people. To use this you need to purchase a subscription for each user that you wish to share with. Sharing and inviting is similar, but there is a bit more to it as you can have multiple streams and allocate different people to different streams.

All users will require a Qlik.com login to share apps with you.

There is more information on the difference between Cloud versions in my blog, here:

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlik-sense-versions/

Hope that helps, do ask if it is still not clear.

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Steve,

I'm currently using a trial version of Qlik Cloud (I assume this is the basic version).

To clarify the issue I'm having - what I mean is that the google sheet document itself has viewing restrictions, and thusfar I've only been able to get web link working for publicly viewable sheets. I'm trying to give the Qlik app permission to view the sheet (like you would ordinarily give an individual user permission via an email login)

Caleb

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If it's a 30 day trial then that will be Cloud for Business. Cloud Basic is always free.

Are you using a Web File connection, or the specific Google Analytics connector?

If the later, I would have thought it would be the user account that you authenticate with that will dictate what sheets are visible.

Unfortunately I don't have any Google Sheets documents with sheet permissions to test with.

Steve