Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone connected to Adobe Analytics/Omniture using the REST API? I'm having an impossible time authenticating

Has anyone connected to Adobe Analytics/Omniture using the REST API?  I'm having an impossible time authenticating.

Have tried every combination of Username, password, shared secret i can think of and it always comes back with "Invalid authentication credentials".     

I know my credetials are valid as they work just fine through the adobe API explorer.   Anyone have any advice?  Know the settings?

Please don't point to the QVSource connectors. Those are not being supported for adobe.

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Darren_Ball
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I'm the product manager for the Qlik Web Connectors, (previously QVSource), which includes the Qlik Adobe Analytics/Omniture connector.

I can appreciate that you are having problems authenticating with their platform using a generic connector, because it's not trivial platform to work with. Are you defining the environment to connect to, such as San Jose?

I am intrigued by your statement about not recommending the Qlik Web Connectors. Could you please explain this further?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Darren,  thanks for the quick response!  

There doesn't appear  to be a place in the REST connection dialog box to define the Environment.  For that matter, there doesn't appear to be a place to enter secret.  Just User Name and Password.   Perhpas it goes under query paramaters?

I have enquired about purchase a Qlik connector specifically for Adobe analytics and have been informed that Qlik started to develop a beta version, but is not moving forward as this can be done via the REST api.  

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Darren,  was I given some bad info?  Is the adobe connector going to be supported?

Darren_Ball
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Yes, it looks like you've been given the wrong information about the Adobe Analytics/Omniture Connector.

It is in beta at the moment and will also be in the beta in the next version of the Qlik Web Connectors, 2.2.0.

You can 'freely' try any Qlik Web Connector beta connector, you just need to download it from Qlik's download site and look under the Qlik Connectors tab.

The new release is out very soon and so I'd advise you to wait until then - I'll be making an announcement through this space and will ping you here when it happens.

Hopefully it will be come out of beta in another release soon. If you do try the beta connector, then your feedback will help us with that decision, so I'd really encourage feedback.

You can read more about the beta connectors here (Beta Connectors) although this refers to the current 2.1.0 version.

I have just requested to follow you, if you could do the same to me I'd like to message you directly to understand where you got the information about the adobe/beta connector from, just in case I've missed updating an internal system somewhere and others have been told the same as you.

Thanks,
Darren

frederiqueverha
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi darrenball,

I'm experiencing the same problem,

I get a response with my username and secret at the website https://marketing.adobe.com/developer/api-explorer#Company.GetEndpoint

In the request

{

"companies":[

"(String)"

],

"company":"(String)"

}

I changed (String) to my company name.

But when I want to use the Qlik Web connector, and use the same username and secret,

I do not get a response but the error:

There was an error running the table (Failed on attempt 1 to POST. (The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.){"error":"Bad Request","error_description":"Invalid company specified.","error_uri":null})

Is this because we can't change the request text? (the change of (string))

Thanks,

Frédérique Verhagen

Not applicable
Author

Hi Darren, have you got any update regarding the Adobe Analytics connector?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hello I have the same problem, I need to connect Omniture, something new about the Qlik connector ??