Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to connect s3 csv files to qlik sense through qlik web connector .

HI ,

I was trying to connect s3 throught qlik web connector ... it got connected but it is not giving an option to select csv file ... how do i load my csv in qlik sense through qlik web connector from S3

11 Replies
Balakrishnan_V
Employee
Employee

Hello Nupur,

Greetings! Is the CSV file publicly shared or is it private. Also, did you try to access it via Amazon S3 connector?

You can try these - How to read Amazon S3 files - approach #1 - Web File or Using Amazon S3 with Qlik Sense

Thank You

Bala

================================================================================

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bala,

yes the csv file is public ... but I couldn't select the csv file from the folders ..

Balakrishnan_V
Employee
Employee

Hello Nupur,

Request you to post a screenshot of the error message or a screenshot wherein the connector is stuck.

Thank You

Bala

================================================================================

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI Bala ,

in the first step I am getting an error - for list buckets after giving credentials  - it is showing access denied - I don't know what to do -- Does s3 owner has to give me some kind of access ...or I have to do from my side any kind of setting

qwe.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Also I am trying to run in qlik server not in my local host

Balakrishnan_V
Employee
Employee

Hello Nupur,

I would normally test with postman from the machine the Web Connector request (For example : if running from a server, test with Postman from the same server)

1iSyKls.png

403 indicates that it's a permissions issue. So i would suggest you to use postman tools and verify the authentication.

Thank You

Bala

Balakrishnan_V
Employee
Employee

You can also try using AWS Glue Crawler - It reads files (any formats from csv or parquet or headers) from S3 and loads it into AWS Athena. Qlik can connect to Athena with JDBC connector.

No server running, unlimited data space, lesser cost for storage (S3 pricing), also speed is acceptable for large files.

Thank You

Bala

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI Bala ,

The connection issue is resolved ,

But I am facing some other issue

After loading data though lod script  it is not syncronizing in the data manager .. I was trying to load csv file in my app from s3 .

find below screen shot - Can you please help .. because I have to load all data through load script only .

qli.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Also is it only possible to give to only one csv connection to qlik in app ... what if I have to upload two files from same s3 bucket ?what url should I give to get bucket connection to qlik ?