cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shus_lopez
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to load json data in qliksense

Hello everybody, i need to load data from json file in qlik sense, but i dont know how to do, i read in this forum maybe with rest connector but i dont achieve yet.

17 Replies
Ajeeth11
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi all,
how to load nested JSON into qlik sense?
Can you please help me out.

Thanks,
Ajeeth
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It is not always that sticking to Qlik only is the right approach. Maybe use a tool like jq to parse the nested JSON into a structure that Qlik can easily read:

Reshaping JSON with jq

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you use the Apache Drill connector that's included it can parse from file system and nested structures. The downside is that you have to install the free Apache Drill driver additonally.

An alternative could be to use the Presto connector - but it comes with the additonal pain of installing Presto just as you have to do with Drill...

Ajeeth11
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello petter,

Can you please explain briefly? .I have installed apache drill driver but it is asking host name details? 

Note: my json file is in local only.

Thanks,

Ajeeth

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You computer where you installed the Apache Drill driver will be the host so the host name is localhost (or IP address 127.0.0.1 as the host name) or your computers Windows computername.

Since you installed Drill on your own computer you will also be able to read JSON files from local drives. This is a setup I have installed several times. 

The only thing that is a drawback with installing Drill is from a simplicity perspective since you have a so-called Drill Bit on your computer running as a service. So there are more moving parts than you would expect from a normal driver. You will have to start the Drill Bit each time you use Qlik or have it running as a service all the time.

Ajeeth11
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello Petter,

Thanks for your Quick response.
While configuring mapr drill driver,I am getting error called "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refusing it".
Can you please help me out for this.while configuring what all the steps you followed?

Thanks a lot petter.

Regards,
Ajeeth

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You might have a firewall that blocks the port that is necessary for Drill to use.

https://drill.apache.org/docs/ports-used-by-drill/

So it seems that port 8047 needs to be opened in your computers firewall...

divyasavanth
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Shevedark,

How do i get this JSON file which is a URL into qliksense. Please suggest. I want to give URL as the input

https://gicwebsrv.csuchico.edu/gicarcsrv01/rest/services/CPUC/CPUC_2019_Dynamic/MapServer/13/query?w...

Thanks,

Divya