Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Installing and Updating License - Qlik Connectors

Hello,

I am currently installing Qlik Web Connectors. I have reached the stage of installing and updating the license and I am being asked for the serial number, control number and the LEF? What are these numbers? How do I locate them?

Thank you in advance,

Alison

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Alison,

These are only required for the paid version of Qlik Web Connectors.  If you are only looking to use the free connectors then you don't need the Serial and Control numbers.

If you have purchased one or more Qlik Web Connectors then the Serial and Control numbers will have been provided either by Qlik directly, or by your Qlik Partner, via email.

Hope that helps.

Steve

View solution in original post

8 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Alison,

These are only required for the paid version of Qlik Web Connectors.  If you are only looking to use the free connectors then you don't need the Serial and Control numbers.

If you have purchased one or more Qlik Web Connectors then the Serial and Control numbers will have been provided either by Qlik directly, or by your Qlik Partner, via email.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your answer.

Would it be possible for you to tell me where premium web connectors can be purchased from? Apologises if the answer is very obvious.

Thanks,

Alison

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Alison,

They are provided by Qlik and can be purchased via the same provider as you have bought QlikView or Sense licences.  If you are using Sense Desktop (and therefore have not purchased anything previously) then you should look to find a local Qlik Partner.

There is a complete list of partners here http://www.qlik.com/us/partners/find-a-partner

Unless, of course, you are in the UK; then the only partner you need to contact can be found here:

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/  

Which data source is it that you are looking to connect to?

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thank you for this information.

We're hoping to connect to Google Analytics, Facebook and Twitter.

Alison

bonarasido
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Steve, I am keen only to purchase the QlikView Web Connector (I can't find the trial version to test. but thought maybe just buy one that is needed). I don't have qlikview license (only using the free version). Can I use this connector once I buy? how can I buy the connector license? (since I never bough license before?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Bonar,

You should get in touch with a local Qlik Partner.  See Qlik Find A Business Intelligence Solution Partner

It will be well worth getting a copy of the product first to try it out.  It may be that the connector you want is free, see this article:

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/free-qlik-web-connectors/

A Qlik partner should be able to get you a 30 day trial licence of any connectors you want to try.

Technically, it will work with the Personal Edition of QlikView, but I don't know if there is a restriction in the licencing.

You can download the current version of the product from here:

https://da3hntz84uekx.cloudfront.net/WebConnectors/2.2.0/20135/_MSI/QlikWebConnectors2.2.0.zip

This link will go out of date though in time.

Hope that all helps.

Steve

bonarasido
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Steve, thanks a lot. appreciate giving all this detail.

I've downloaded the connector, and I am keen to see what kind of analysis could be useful from the media social extractor (which all are premium from what I see).

I moved jobs and, most of the time bring in Qlik, or expand the use of qlik in the new company (beside supporting their enterprise main BI platform mainly SAP), but personally I don't have qlik license with me after moving to new company, so always just play with personal version.

Also we can't buy one license, minimum is 5 license. and when I heard to use the connector you can't use personal version, I am quite puzzled on the why? it is an extractors, that I thought any technology could leverage and use the extraction results. to spend 9K (if qliksense), or above 20-40K (qlikview) first, before you can get qlik web connector not sure what to say.

Facebook create the API, qlik web connector build the script/library to talk to this FB API. of  course it will have the best integrator into Qlik sense or Qlikview, that within QlikView it is and embedded and encapsulated data source (simply one of the available dropdown option of data source), but not sure why it can't just be used by anything since it produce the JSON.

anyway, I just heard this from 1 person, I am about to call few more partner here in Singapore to see if anything is different from what I understand above. (finger cross, I can just buy e.g. facebook connector and is it independently as web services).

THanks Steve.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Keep asking around.  It is, I believe, possible to get a single desktop licence - just not many people will want to do the paperwork to sell it.  Hope you can find someone that will supply you the licences and support that you need to get up and running.