cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FireFueled
Contributor
Contributor

Loading data via REST with JWT auth

I control an API that makes some csv data available publicly  via a simple GET request, provided that a JSON Web Token is attached to the Authorization header as Bearer <token-string>.

I've been trying to get this data loaded into Qlik Sense Cloud via a REST connector but I have failed so far.

The REST connection configuration is very minimal:

URL: <my-url>

Method: GET

Additional request parameters:

Query Headers: [ Authorization, Bearer <token-string> ]

After clicking 'Create', I do not receive an error and, instead, arrive at the data parsing page, but with an empty result.

Is it possible to do this? Has anyone ever tried it?

The API is working because I can download the data on any other machine using the same token.

I do not wish to tackle the process for obtaining token at this time as it would complicate the problem, let's assume I already have one that is valid and won't expire.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FireFueled
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It turns out that what I did above works.

The problem I was having of not seeing any data on the 'data preview screen' was due to not selecting the innocuous 'CSV_source' checkbox, which, for some reason, is not automatically selected.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
FireFueled
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It turns out that what I did above works.

The problem I was having of not seeing any data on the 'data preview screen' was due to not selecting the innocuous 'CSV_source' checkbox, which, for some reason, is not automatically selected.