Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sc305495
Contributor
Contributor

QVXSDK Issues? Has anyone gotten the examples to work?

I'm trying to put together a POC for streaming data in QlikView or Sense, but i'm running into issues with the QVXSDK v2.1.5.  Do i have the most up-to-date version?  Has anyone gotten the examples to function and might be able to share some tips?

When building the QvEventLogConnectorElaborate I receive an error message when trying to update the version information along these lines (removing my user ID):

>  QvEventLogConnectorElaborate -> C:\Users\<maskedUserID>\Desktop\QvxSDK\Examples\EventLogElaborate\QvEventLogConnectorElaborate\bin\Debug\QvEventLogConnectorElaborate.exe

1>  relstamp file=

1>  Exception in ParseBinaryVersionResource

1>  Error in ParseBinaryVersionResource

1>  error parsing version info from the file

1>  Some of actions failed, exiting

It seems that the version of verpatch.exe provided with the SDK is out of date per this SO post:

windows - Verpatch.exe error - Stack Overflow

Furthermore, reading the documentation the references to both the QlikView and Qlik Sense Custom Data folders seem outdated (do not exist?)  Here is the documentation i'm referring to:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/September2017/Subsystems/QVXSDKAPI/Content/Installing-co...

Create a new folder with the same name as your connector (for example, QvEventLogConnector) in the Custom Data folder of QlikView or the Connectors folder of Qlik Sense. If the Custom Data or Connectors folder does not exist, you need to create it as well.

• QlikView 11.20 or earlier: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvEventLogConnector
  • Qlik Sense: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Connectors\QvEventLogConnector

In QlikView November 2017 SR2 i do not have a QlikTech folder at all in Common Files, is the QlikTech folder supposed to be created as well?

I feel like there should be a more well documented happy path for such an easy POC...  Has anyone else been able to acheive a streaming data solution in Qlik Sense?

3 Replies
roywinkelvicta
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello,

I've got exactly the same problems. Did you get any answers on this matter?

sc305495
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I didn't receive a response but I was able to execute the example at least by placing the files generated by Visual Studio (wasn't able to build myself w/o bypassing the entire process above, which doesn't appear to be necessary anymore) into the same folder as qv.exe.  It seems the statements about the CustomData folders are outdated... it's a shame this documentation seems to be ignored by Qlik....

Try placing the connectors into the same folder as your qv.exe and see if they're available then.

roywinkelvicta
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Yes documentation is a problem with them. I had the same problem with Qlik Sense.

I expected the connector to show up in the main connector screen but they only appear in the 'Data Load Editon -> Create new'.

For the desktop version I had to copy the files to: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Programs\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\

Not sure where to put them on the server.

Try and error i suppose.