cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fran55555
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik JIRA Web Connector

I am now using the Qlik JIRA Web Connector for the first time. I have a problem with the authentication and I thought you may help me to solve this issue.

In the Tables option, I am selecting the CanAuthenticate table, and in the Parameters section I just add the JIRA base URL (https://jira.host/jira), my JIRA ussername and my JIRA password. After that, I click on Save Inputs & Run Table and I get the following error:

authenticated: false

message "Failed on attemp 1 to GET (Error in remote server: (401) Non-authorized.)

Do you know how can I solve this problem?

I guess the Qlik JIRA connector is the recommended option to connect to JIRA. Using the general REST connector available in Qlik Sense to connect to JIRA is even more complicated, right?

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have you purchased, or obtained a free trial, for the QWC JIRA connector? This is one of the premium connectors and needs a licence to function.

It is possible to connect using the REST connector, but as you suggest this is quite a bit more involved. The Qlik Web Connectors take care of all of the authentication. Doing this using REST calls and OAuth takes time, but you may find someone on the community who has done this and is willing to share the code.

Steve

View solution in original post

10 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have you purchased, or obtained a free trial, for the QWC JIRA connector? This is one of the premium connectors and needs a licence to function.

It is possible to connect using the REST connector, but as you suggest this is quite a bit more involved. The Qlik Web Connectors take care of all of the authentication. Doing this using REST calls and OAuth takes time, but you may find someone on the community who has done this and is willing to share the code.

Steve

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Off topic, but you messaged me directly, but I am presently unable to message back. Thought this would be the best way to get a response to you.

It's true that some of the functionality of GeoAnalytics is included in Qlik Sense, but it is not the case that all of the functionality is included for free. The bits which are included for free are in the main Sense installer - you don't need to install anything else. Most functionality of plotting data on maps is included, anything around GeoCoding or reverse GeoCoding is not. I've not found a definitive document on what is included or not though.

I see that you have QWC installed now, and have asked about Sense Desktop on another thread.

fran55555
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you.

Yes, I have a temporary license for Qlik Web Connectors. So far, we have some issues with JIRA authentication in Qlik JIRA Connector. Hopefully, we will solve these problems soon. Thanks again.

Jay_Brown
Support
Support

Hello @fran55555 , if this question has been answered by @stevedark please be sure to mark this question as solved!   Thanks Steve, for the detailed responses!

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
ajayvermaida
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@stevedark 

Hi Steve , 

in one of my project I am using Qlik jira web connector to fetch the jira data in Qliksense . I just want to know how I can get Sprint table or related fields for example  Sprint name,  Sprint Start Date , Sprint End Date etct 

Thanks

Ajay

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @ajayvermaida 

None of the clients I have implemented Jira analysis for work in sprints, so I don't know. Many of the fields are user defined, and these have unhelpful names suffixed with numbers. What I have found, with QWC at least, is it is worth dumping as much JSON data as you can to a flat file and then search it with a text editor. If you have a sprint name in use that is not going to appear elsewhere in the data then you should be able to find it out.

Good luck,

Steve

ajayvermaida
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thanks @stevedark  for your quick response .

Actually I tried with your rest rest API suggestion also but not able to find sprint related fields with specific issue name or Project  name. 

could you please help me , how to add the sprint related fields in rest API ?

Thanks in advance

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @ajayvermaida 

The code I posted only contained the fields my client wanted, with the custom fields stripped out (as they would break for anyone else). If you are using QWC go the the QWC web portal and run a query with all fields included, if you are using the Qlik Jira connector then go to the Select Data button.

Each Jira instance can be different, so you will need to dig about a bit to find what you need.

Cheers,
Steve

saikiranrao
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi @stevedark 

I am now using the Qlik JIRA Web Connector for the first time. I have a problem with the authentication and I thought you may help me to solve this issue.

In the Tables option, I am selecting the CanAuthenticate table, and in the Parameters section I just add the JIRA base URL (https://jira.host/jira), my JIRA ussername and my JIRA password. After that, I click on Save Inputs & Run Table and I get the following error:

authenticated: false

message "Failed on attempt 1 to GET (Error in remote server: (401) Non-authorized.)

I have the full license where can I get the API token Please ?