Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Qlik REST Connector number/time interpretation

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to load data via REST Connector. The response contains a field called name, which is in following format.

name
17:78
18:18
17:A0
1A:20

Qlik immediately tries to interpret this as a time, so as a result I get this (not lines 1 and 2)

name
17:A0
1A:20

This is because when looking at the data as a time value, these two values have the same underlying numeric value and thus can only have one string representation - the first loaded one. However, these values in fact are NOT time, for me they're strings - names. Is there any way how to either format this in REST connector load statement (which does not accept any functions, just field names, as far as I know), or force REST Connector or Qlik to NOT autointerpret this?

Thanks.

Juraj

Labels (2)
2 Replies
CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Juraj,

If I encountered this kind of thing I would use

Subfield(name,':',1) as Name1 and Subfield(name,':',-1) as Name2, but that is my simplistic approach to everything.

Regards

Chris  

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Chris,

thanks for suggestion. The problem is that at the moment when I can use Subfield() the value is already formatted incorrectly, so I will still get wrong result. What I would need is an option to format the value at the time of load from the REST source, otherwise Qlik formats it to its will.