Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afbraga1
Creator
Creator

Qlik SAP Extracor - where condition with more than one field

Hello,

I am using SAP Connectors v6.6, for some reason I can't fathom the SAP Extractor Connector won't work with more than one field in the where clause.

[TABLE]:
LOAD
[DOC];
SQL EXTRACTOR TABLE
TFRMETHOD T // Transfer method (T=tRFC)
UPDMODE F // Full extractor
EXTRLANGUAGE system_default // SAP System Default
LOGSYS QTQVCEXTR1
WHERE
CREATEDON I GE 20190101,
ERROR E NE X
;

This is a script code added automatically by Qlikview when you go through the UI, still it doesn't work.

If I remove either the CREATEDON line or the ERROR, the one that remains works, but with both at same time it won't.

I get the error "invalid selection condition in the data request". Does anyone know why is this?

Thank you.

Best regards,

André Braga

Labels (2)
9 Replies
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi,

Does it work if you try the same conditions in transaction RSA3 in SAP?

Regards,

Håkan

afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Hakan,

Thank you for your response, but I'm afraid that doesn't apply here. The extraction I'm doing is from a DSO in a SAP BW system, I should have made that more clear in fact.

Best regards,
André Braga
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi André

IF you want to get the rows where ERROR = 'X', then write:

ERROR I EQ X

Otherwise write:

ERROR I NE X

Regards,

Håkan

afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Hakan,

I am aware of that and I know how to do that. The issue here is when the where condition has more that one field restricting the data, i.e., in this case ERROR and CREATEDON fields. If I use one or the other it works, but not with both at the same time.

Best regards,
André Braga
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi André,

Yes, but I think the problem is that you use Exclude (E) in your condition:

CREATEDON I GE 20190101,
ERROR E NE X

What if you change to either:

CREATEDON I GE 20190101,
ERROR I NE X

or

CREATEDON I GE 20190101,
ERROR I EQ X

depending on what you want to achieve?

Regards,

Håkan

afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Hakan,

Yes I assume it would make more sense that way. Despite that the result at best would be 0 lines or something like that. Instead what happens is an error exception thrown saying "invalid selection condition in the data request". I have tried with your change and it is the same thing. The problem is that Qlikview interprets the syntax as if it was wrong.

Best regards,
André Braga
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi again,

Have you checked the SAP extraction job log. Prefix the job name from the Extractor connector log with ‘BI’, like BIREQU_QTQVCEXTR1_20160420125150. Check job log for this job name in transaction SM37. Select the job and press the 'Job log' button.

Regards,
Håkan

afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello,

Yes, I did check that, but there is no relevant information there as far as I know. The job ends successful with 0 sec. It pretty much does nothing.

Best regards,
André Braga
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi,

And no useful information in the Extractor connector log or in the Extractor Service log?

Regards,
Håkan