Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benwashburne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Sense Desktop Salesforce Connection ERROR

Qlikers,

I'm trying to create a Salesforce data connection and am unable to do so. I have trouble shot a lot, but I can't figure out what is causing the error.  I have all the credentials correct and the user is not locked out. I am using the latest version of Qlik Sense Desktop that was released April 2018.

However, I receive two different errors depending on what I put in the URL field.

1. If the URL is left empty, I receive an error saying that my login information is INVALID, which isn't true.

2. If I use the following URL: https://login.salesforce.com/services/soap/u/42.0 , I receive a 404 Not Found.

Carmen, I tagged you in here because I saw that you had responded to a similar issue involving Qlikview. Any help would be much appreciated!

cri

Thanks,

Ben

14 Replies
CarmenReilly
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey Ben!

Which version of Qlik Sense Desktop are you using, and did you install the Salesforce connector separately or was it part of the Sense Desktop installation?

-Carmen

benwashburne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

cri,

Thanks for the speedy response!

To my knolwedge, the Salesforce connector was installed as part of the Sense Desktop installation when I originally downloaded Qlik Sense to my computer back in January 2018 (sorry, I'm not sure what the version was at that time). Today, I downloaded the April release of Desktop. Below are the details of my QS Desktop version:

Qlik Sense Desktop April 2018

qliksensedesktop: 12.16.2

NET SDK 13.4.0

About Service 1.8.1

App Migration Service 4.8.1

Broker Service 5.11.2

Capability Service 1.4.1

Client 4.86.8

Data Preparation Service 2.32.0

Dependency Graph Service 1.0.6

Freya Client Service 2.8.0

Printing Service 13.15.1

QIX Engine 12.145.3

Qlik DataMarket Connector 2.8.0.1

Qlik Essbase Connector 1.1.0

Qlik ODBC Connector 4.8.0

Qlik REST Connector 1.4.0

Qlik SalesForce Connector 14.3.0

Qlik Sense Browser 7.2.0

Qlik Sense Hub 0.18.0

Qlik Web Connectors 0.36.0

Service Dispatcher 15.0.3

Web Extension Service 1.5.2

Web Extensions 1.4.1

Thank you!

Bem

CarmenReilly
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hm. Were you able to make the Salesforce connection before you upgraded to the April 2018 version?

benwashburne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Carmen,

No, I did not attempt the connection until now. Our Salesforce admin, who also recently downloaded the April 2018 version, is also unable to create the connection.

CarmenReilly
Former Employee
Former Employee

You (or your Salesforce admin) are putting in username, password, and security key?

benwashburne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

cri

Yes, that is correct. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the permissions on the Salesforce side - do you know what level of user permissions the Salesforce profile that is making the Qlik connection needs to have?

I checked through all the content in the following URL but could not find anything about Salesforce permissions.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Salesforce_Connector_help/Content/Create-Salesforc...

Best,

Ben

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is something I have seen with SalesForce connections, which may be part of the problem here.

When you log onto the website it whitelists the machine that you log on from.  If you are using Qlik Sense Desktop that is quite straight forward, just log on from your own machine.

If you are using Qlik Sense Enterprise then the connection is actually made from the server.  You will need to Remote Desktop to the Qlik Sense Server and then go to the SalesForce web site from within that remote desktop session.

Hope this helps.

Steve

benwashburne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

stevedark

Yes, I am attempting the connection from Desktop and did login so my machine should be whitelisted. I believe the issue is on the Salesforce side but, as I am no Salesforce developer or admin, I am not sure what needs to happen on the Salesforce side.  Anyone know Salesforce??

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated!

-Ben

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It was a long while back I set this up for a client, and I don't have a log in I can use now.  I seem to recall that there was something on the user permission side that needed to be configured to allow the connector to access it.  There was also slight strangeness that the password used was a composite of the actual password and the access token generated from within SalesForce.  I found documentation which described what needed to be done here.

Hope that helps?