Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Web Connector POST Request

Hi,

I have connected to an API using Postman and can't seem to work out how to translate this into the Qlik Web Connector settings.

In Postman I have set the following:

POST - https://api.somewebsite.com/auth/login

In the body section:

form-data

username=user

password=pass

...and that's it. I'm not sure why I can't work this out but I've tried all sorts of ways.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

7 Replies
chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Anyone?

Darren_Ball
Employee
Employee

Hi Adam,

This may be an obvious question, but can you please confirm which connector you are attempting to use?

Thanks,
Darren

Lead Product Designer - Qlik Web Connectors.

chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Darren,

Sure, i'm using the General Web Connector

Thanks

chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This is what I see in Postman:

curl -X POST \

https://api.***********.com/auth/login \

-H 'Cache-Control: no-cache' \

-H 'Postman-Token: ************************' \

-H 'content-type: multipart/form-data; boundary=----WebKitFormBoundary7MA4YWxkTrZu0gW' \

-F username=**** \

-F 'password=******************************

I don't know how to convert this into QWC settings

Darren_Ball
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Can you confirm that the API is Restful and returns XML or JSON, as opposed to a SOAP service?

If it's the former, then as I'm not sure what kind of data is returned (XML or JSON?), if you go to the connector and

• pick the RawResponse table,
  • click Parameters,
  • select POST from the drop down,
  • enter the URLhttps://api.***********.com/auth/login into the 'request url' box
  • then, towards the bottom enter the username and password into the respective boxes
  • final click 'save inputs and run table'

This will make a request and you'll see a response 'data preview' area, which will either show as successful or an error.

Let me know how you get on.

Darren

chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Darren,

I'm getting an SSL error so I think there's a problem with our certificate. I've had to ignore SSL certificate errors in Postman (and also in Python where I've tried it) in order to get responses. I don't know if there is a way to do this using the General Web Connector.

To answer some of your other questions, it is a RESTful API and returns JSON data as the response.

Thanks,

Adam

fernandobibian
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Adam,

You can use LLodi Writer Extension to do that. LLodi connect from Qlik to REST APIs so it is just what you need. You only have to install it as a custom extension or use the LLodi Writer Connector in the script to automate actions.

Check it here: www.llodi.com Let me know if I can help you in further questions.

Best,

Fernando