Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yuvaraj2020
Contributor
Contributor

REST API Pagination

HI ,

Please assist me on REST API Pagination Offset connection, while using Pagination Offset drop down, I having following fields to filled

offset value, start initial value, count value and total records path. i m not sure how to fill the total records path. please assist how to fetch the total records path in pagination.....

Labels (1)
9 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The total records path is dependent on the data structure in the file you are reading so you will have to provide us with a sample of that file. In general it is the nesting of the structure separated by slashes which lead to the place where the total records are provided in the data file.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, I have found in the past that using the parameters in the connection is more of a hassle then just using the WITH CONNECTION settings and passing in the parameters required by the API directly. Depending on the API you will need to pass the page number or max record number that you are after as a parameter.

Which APl is it you are using?

Steve

yuvaraj2020
Contributor
Contributor
Author

REST API Connector

yuvaraj2020
Contributor
Contributor
Author

REST API COnnector to Fetch JSON

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Actually - helping out via the forum to get the REST Connector to work OK is a pain....

Thanks for the screenshots but they don't help me all the way to understand how to get the path right.

You will have to figure out the nesting level of where the TotalResultCount resides and then take the various names that that the tags have leading to this and construct the path - something like this:

root/meta/total_count

for your case it might be:

root/QueryResult/TotalResultCount

yuvaraj2020
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I have tried the same "root/QueryResult/TotalResultCount" but it doesn't works, it shows me the error data path is wrong..

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Use the preview in your Data load editor to find how the path should be constructed - don't guess.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

When I have an API that is being particularly fiddly I tend to use PostMan (https://www.getpostman.com/) and get it working in there first. Once you have the correct paging coming back in PostMan it is usually relatively simple to migrate that across to Qlik.

pkostick
Contributor
Contributor

Steve,

How does one specify that the QVRestConnector.exe is being used within the WITH CONNECTION syntax?

Pete