Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vish123
Creator III
Creator III

REST API connection error in Qlik Sense - Error: "DNS Error"

Hi All,

I am trying to create a REST API connection to SeviceNow from Qlik Sense using REST API connector. I am using basic authorization here to connect. But throwing below error.

"DNS Error" 

Any one has any idea about this issue.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sounds like the Sense Server can not see ServiceNow. Could be a firewall or something.

Can you RDP to the Sense server and try to log in to ServiceNow in a browser, using the account you are trying to use?

Remember in Sense Enterprise that connections are always made from the Server (not the client machine) and as the Service Account that is running Sense, not the logged in user.

Hope that helps.

Steve

View solution in original post

6 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sounds like the Sense Server can not see ServiceNow. Could be a firewall or something.

Can you RDP to the Sense server and try to log in to ServiceNow in a browser, using the account you are trying to use?

Remember in Sense Enterprise that connections are always made from the Server (not the client machine) and as the Service Account that is running Sense, not the logged in user.

Hope that helps.

Steve

vish123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your reply.

But we don't have internet connectivity on server to check service now availability.

But i can open this link via my machine and see response in a webpage.

Also i can create this same connection through QlikSense Desktop with some errors but its working fine. Coming Qliksense enterprise i am getting "DNS Error". Also using Postman tool i got response from service now end point URL.

This is only problem with Qlik Enterprise. any idea here please?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you don't have Internet connectivity from your Sense Server you will not be able to connect to a Cloud data source.

What you will need to do is reload to QVD from Sense Desktop and write out to QVD which can then be written to the server. The biggest downside of this is that you need to do the reload manually.

You will need to register your Sense Desktop with your Enterprise server, as Desktop will otherwise cease working soon.

The ideal approach would be that you get firewalls set up so that you can reach Service Now from the server, whilst blocking all other traffic.

Steve

vish123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Steve,

Sure, As mentioned i will try below method and let you know.

bob_kanta
Contributor
Contributor

i want to get reports from rest call, kindly help.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Which REST end point? What have you tried so far? What result did you get?