cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcook101
Contributor
Contributor

SAP 6.5 Connectors Connection Error

I just installed the 6.5 version of the SAP Connectors and I keep getting the following connection error:

Method not found: 'Void SAP.Middleware.Connector.GeneralConfiguration.set_SocketBufferSize(UInt32)'.

I have spent several hours trying to troubleshoot and research this error and can't seem to find anything.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times and am still getting this error.

No other users in my department are having any issues and our server is connecting fine, as well.  

Any insight, guidance, references, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, in advance...

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi,

Please see page 9 in the Tips and Tricks document!

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/Qlik-Connector-for-SAP-Tips-and-Tricks-v2-1/ta-p/16...

Cause: A ‘.NET’ driver called ‘sapnco.dll’, different than the one Qlik provides, has been installed to GAC (Global Assembly Cache). Check: %windir%\Microsoft.NET\assembly.

Solution: Install the driver provided by Qlik into GAC. This may impact the application that installed the driver into GAC in the first place, but putting the original driver next to the binaries for the affected application should take care of that problem.

Regards,
Håkan

mcook101
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you so much!  I was able to replace the .dll file and am now connecting successfully!  🙂