Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkspareek1992
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Section Access in Qlik Sense

Hi,

When I am using section access in Qliksense then sometimes it shows different behaviour for different Streams. I created an application & used section access and published that application. But the application shows error as 'Unsupported file format'.

But when I publish the same application with same section access file in other Streams then it's opening.

Can anyone suggest...

4 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is not an error I have come across, but my best guess at what is happening is that the service user that Qlik Sense is running as does not have Section Access rights to the application?

Steve

rkspareek1992
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I am using same section access file for both of the streams. If qlik user doesn't have section access rights then how the application is opening in another stream.

SteveNewman
Employee
Employee

‌I‘m not sure that I would assume that it is a section access error, that message is implying that the “file” is in the incorrect format, not that the user doesn’t have access to the data in the application.

I would recommend that you look at how your file storage for apps is setup, whether your file storage is compatible, and then consider republishing the app to see if the file is running into some type of corruption on publishing.

ajipaul03
Contributor III
Contributor III

did you figure out what was happening ?

I am facing same issue