Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Strava Connector - feature requests

Hi,

I've been playing with the new Strava connector recently and have a couple of feature requests that would make it even better (for demos and also for use):

Firstly the ability to extract more than ~200 records of Friends' Activity - perhaps by allowing a detailed Activity extract per Athlete (which we can loop through in Qlik Sense as required)? For now I'm caching the results and then loading new ones so I should build up a history over time.

Secondly the ability to get the polylines so we can get detailed mapping - currently the Routes only return a map_id, not the summary_polyline or polyline that you should be able to get (see Routes  and Polylines and Google Polylines). Of course it's be great to have the polyline interpreted in such a way that it could be fed to Qlik Sense maps or GeoAnalytics, but being able to get the polyline first would be a step in the right direction.

Any ideas if these are going to come in future versions or if there's a way to get this now?

Cheers

Alex

Qlik Partner Ambassador 2024
6 Replies
Darren_Ball
Employee
Employee

Hi Alex,

Thanks for these suggestions and our dev team are now aware of them.

Cheers,
Darren

tsglenn22
Contributor III
Contributor III

Has there been any update regarding these requests? I have the same desire to utilize the mapping functions within Qlik to best use the data available from Strava. Aside from that, I've been pleased with the functionality of the Strava connector.

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Saw the June release had various updates - but looks like more stuff removed due to Strava API changes (like FriendsActivities) than anything. Still just map_id in the uninstated then reinstated ListRoutes table...

Qlik Partner Ambassador 2024
Darren_Ball
Employee
Employee

Hi,

We appreciate that being able to use mapping data with the Qlik platforms would add more value to your usage of the connector and it's something which is on our radar.

Thanks,
Darren

tsglenn22
Contributor III
Contributor III

Was this something that was ever implemented? I'd love to use the mapping functionality in Qlik in conjunction with Strava data.

lioneberja
Contributor
Contributor

How made you the connection to the other athletes ?