Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Variable Expression for SUM

I am trying to do bar chart with some selected month data QTY sum value only to display, so i planned to create Variable as expression to get input for Selected month. but it is not working...

Variable:

Variable Name: v2017Jun

Expression Formula: [Calendar Month-Year - RD]= {'Jan-2017','Feb-2017','Mar-2017','Apr-2017','May-2017','Jun-2017'

Expression formula i used in chart is..

=(Sum({$<v2017JUN>}[RW Qty]))

If i used this expression, chart accumulating all month RW QTY sum values, not which i selected month which i need...

If is fixed the variable, so i can use it at multiple chart for selected month, also i will add or delete some month in future too...

can any one help on this...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This isn't really a Qlik Web Connectors question, so you may be better off moving the conversation to another forum.

However... Your variable code appears to be missing a closing }.

Where you refer to the variable you are missing the dollar sign expansion, it should read:

=(Sum({$<$(v2017Jun)>}[RW Qty]))

Also, be careful as variables are case sensitive.

It's always a very good idea to ensure that your expressions are working well before you move things into variables, and then replace bits a little bit at a time - then you know which change (if any) breaks your expression.

Hope that helps.

Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This isn't really a Qlik Web Connectors question, so you may be better off moving the conversation to another forum.

However... Your variable code appears to be missing a closing }.

Where you refer to the variable you are missing the dollar sign expansion, it should read:

=(Sum({$<$(v2017Jun)>}[RW Qty]))

Also, be careful as variables are case sensitive.

It's always a very good idea to ensure that your expressions are working well before you move things into variables, and then replace bits a little bit at a time - then you know which change (if any) breaks your expression.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Steve.... Its Working now......

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If your question is now answered, please flag the Correct Answer (via the big "Correct Answer" button near every post; not visible in preview) and Helpful Answers (found under the Actions menu under every post).

If not, please make clear what part of this topic you still need help with .

May you live in interesting times!
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Excellent.  Thanks for letting me know that worked for you.