Qlik Community

Qlik DataMarket Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration regarding Qlik DataMarket.

Announcements
Qlik Analytics Tour 2020 Online. Begins August 10th. Register Today
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Conversion

Hello

I have a problem I need to update the currency exchange rates.

I mean:

I have two tables, one with the exchange rates and one with sales orders.

I need to write a script to relate them so as to have an automatic conversion.

does anyone know how I can do

thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: Conversion

Ok, so you have exchange rates that change each month. Then read this document: IntervalMatch and Slowly Changing Dimensions. It explains the intervalmatch function which you'll need to match exchange rate date intervals with invoice dates and it explains how to create the exchange rate date intervals if you only have a start date of the period the rate is valid.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Yeah, no problem. Multiply the sales amount with the exchange rate.

If you need more help please explain more about your data. What needs to be converted how? Are there dates involved with the exchange rates?

Highlighted
Not applicable

I need to study the trends in sales every month and I have the need to convert the value in euro-dollar in order to be able to sum it all.

I have two major archives, by a recovery invoices with amount, data, customer etc ...

and another where the recovery of the month exchange factors referenced in the bill.

Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Ok, so you have exchange rates that change each month. Then read this document: IntervalMatch and Slowly Changing Dimensions. It explains the intervalmatch function which you'll need to match exchange rate date intervals with invoice dates and it explains how to create the exchange rate date intervals if you only have a start date of the period the rate is valid.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Great

thank you