Qlik Community

Qlik DataMarket Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration regarding Qlik DataMarket.

chris_johnson
Contributor II

Data Market Error - Error Loading Data

Hi all,

Does someone know how the Qlik DataMarket connector connects to the online data source?

I am receiving an "Error Loading Data" when I click on the "Select" button. This only happens on certain networks though and our corporate guest network seems to have access.

Thanks

Tags (3)
9 Replies

Re: Data Market Error - Error Loading Data

Hi,

Data Market uses the internet connectivity to connect to the Qlik Data Provider Server. If the network connection is poor or not available, you may see such errors.

At times the proxy setting of the network may block the connectivity.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

chris_johnson
Contributor II

Hi Kaushik,

I know that the Qlik DataMarket will use the internet but I need to know what URL it is trying to access as I think it is indeed the proxy that is blocking this.

If anyone knows this it would be very helpful, otherwise I cannot use the service.

peter_turner
Valued Contributor

Hello,

If your using QlikView both 11.2 and 12 it could be a know bug, Check out this post

https://community.qlik.com/message/1091920#1091920

If you can get to to http://datamarket-api.qlik.com/ - and you get the 404 error, at least you know that there isn't any network security / firewall blocking access.

Otherwise maybe a firewall / port blocking issue?

chris_johnson
Contributor II

That's what I'm looking at now Peter. Don't think it's the firewall, it may be something to do with the proxy. The FAQ for the DataMarket does mention about whitelisting the datamarket-api.qlik.com domain so need to get this done.

erjohnso
Contributor

Following this for any additional advice...downloaded 3.2 SR4 today to start using Sense and before I can even get started building first app, I get a pop-up error "QvDataMarketConnector has stopped working" and "Close the program" is the only option. Happens a few times and then in my app, the data connector times out and I get an error "The data connector is not responding. Contact your system administrator."

I do get the 404 error when trying to visit the market api page, fyi.

chris_johnson
Contributor II

Hi Eric,

Are you sitting behind a proxy server too on your network? I'm trying to debug this with our IT department but as they are a 3rd Party company it's taking a bit longer

xufei123
Valued Contributor

Hi Adam,

We are having the same issue and our client is behind a proxy server. Have you sorted out the problem and how did you solve it?

Thanks

Fei

chris_johnson
Contributor II

To be honest Fei, we haven't solved it. It isn't seen as a priority here so I can't get any further resource to look into this.

Regards,

Adam

xufei123
Valued Contributor

Thanks Adam.

We can set up the link from DataMarket but as soon as I start to load the data, I have the following error:

Then if I add the *.qlik.com into the exception list of the IE proxy server, this error is disappeared but I am having a new error No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Fei

Community Browser