Qlik Community

Qlik DataMarket Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration regarding Qlik DataMarket.

svinnakota
Contributor

Google Map

Hi All,

I want to create a map with dynamic calculation of latitude and longitude values. In qlik view it is working but where as in qlik sense i am unable to get the latitude and longitude values.

I am having city.country, state. Based on any one of these columns as input ,dynamic calculation should be done.

Can any one help me how to make it work?

3 Replies
jonas_linden
New Contributor

Re: Google Map

Hi Santosh,

In order to be able to use GoogleMaps (execute web calls) in Sense you need to set it in legacy mode.

Optional I may suggest you have a look at IdevioMaps for Sense (also working with QlikView) and you will get city, state and country and more on the fly - included in the extension. Features « bi.idevio.com

For a 30 days free evaluation license please fill in the form at Subscribe Form « bi.idevio.com

BR/Jonas

svinnakota
Contributor

Hi Jonas, Thank you for giving reply. I have gone through it but i guess Idevio not a free ware. And in qlik view we are doing calculation through a web link.

I changed the settings to legacy mode as you said but even then it is not calculating. Can you please provide me an example how did you achieve that in qlik sense?

I am able to see the iterations happening but not the calculation of latitude and longitude values.

Employee
Employee

Hello Santosh,

Please see my reply to your comment on the video page:

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-6941?et=watches.email.document_comment#comment-46415

What you are attempting to do, is not possible out of the box with Qlik Sense, it will require the LAT and LONG coordinates. You can also investigate extensions available here:

Qlik Branch if interested in using Google Maps with Qlik Sense.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Community Browser