Qlik Community

Qlik DataMarket Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration regarding Qlik DataMarket.

moumita
New Contributor II

How can I restrict data in Qlik Binary Load

Hi All,

I have huge set of all region data present in one app. From the same I want to restrict data in another app for specific region.

In order to achieve this I tried using following code:-

Binary [lib://QVF_APPS file name];
Temp_File:

NOCONCATENATE
LOAD * RESIDENT table1 WHERE REGION='DEL';
POL_7_1:
NOCONCATENATE
LOAD * RESIDENT table2 REGION='DEL';
DROP TABLE table1, table2;

After executing above code I am  getting REGION field with 'DEL' in the filter value, but if I am not selecting 'DEL' from the drop down entire data is getting selected.

I want to get only values in the APP for DEL region. Please suggest how shall I achieve the same using binary load.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP
MVP

Re: How can I restrict data in Qlik Binary Load

It seems that your data model that is coming from binary load has the region field as well and the same field value is not getting restricted in your where clause. Find out the table in binary load model where region field is there; load it again and using resident load and use where clause there to restrict it's value; finally drop the actual table that came along with binary load.  

3 Replies
Highlighted
MVP
MVP

It seems that your data model that is coming from binary load has the region field as well and the same field value is not getting restricted in your where clause. Find out the table in binary load model where region field is there; load it again and using resident load and use where clause there to restrict it's value; finally drop the actual table that came along with binary load.  

moumita
New Contributor II

I have region field in two tables of binary loaded data. From these two tables, I am trying to restrict the data by calling tables in resident load and finally dropping the tables.

But, it is not helping me to fix the issue.

MVP
MVP

Could you share your sample app?