Qlik Community

Qlik DataMarket Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration regarding Qlik DataMarket.

roopalid
New Contributor III

How do I get rid of the clutter of months in the chart?

When I expand the chart it shows me all the months and when I compress it, it shows me the clutter of months.

How do I make it work like Excel that when I resize the chart it doesn't show me a clutter and only shows me some of the months.

Thanks!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: How do I get rid of the clutter of months in the chart?

Maybe try to disable 'stagger labels' in axes tab.

5 Replies

AFAIK, I don't think you can make it conditional, you can have it one way or the other.

roopalid
New Contributor III

I don't exactly want to make it conditional, I am new with QlikView so it could be just an option that I need to check. I have a chart which has Month as a Dimension and it has months form Jan-13 to Jan-16. When the chart is wide enough it shows the month in one line on the x axis however when I reduce its width it makes a clutter of months at the bottom of x-axis (please refer to the attached picture) which I want to get rid of and show only one line of month. In excel this thing is adjusted automatically, was wondering if the same can be done in QlikView.

Thanks.

roopalid
New Contributor III

Well, as expected it was the game of a couple of options in Properties of the chart. Sorted..!! Thanks..!!

MVP
MVP

Maybe try to disable 'stagger labels' in axes tab.

roopalid
New Contributor III

Yes..!! Disabling Stagger Labels and Sorting the month by and Numeric as Ascending does the trick..!!

Now its in order and no cluttering..

Thanks!!