Qlik Community

Qlik DataMarket Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration regarding Qlik DataMarket.

ezec1807
New Contributor III

Multiple fields Dates in different tables.

Good! How are you?
I have a problem, I have several date fields in different tables. I need to set up a master calendar, and obviously I have to take a single date to do the date field crossing (main table) vs. Date (master calendar). The problem of dates is in sight. But all are essential for the final model. Because a date calculates one indicator, another date another indicator and so with the rest of the dates fields.

Someone can give me a hand, to solve this problem.

Thank you!

regards

7 Replies

Re: Multiple fields Dates in different tables.

See if this helps:

Canonical Date

Highlighted
MVP
MVP

ezec1807
New Contributor III

Modelo.jpgModelo - Table_1.jpgModelo - Table_2.jpgModelo - Table_3.jpgThanks Sunny / Stefan! Helped me the links sent. The problem I present is that I have several tables with VARIOUS date fields, and different id fields that makes the tables relate to each other. I give them an example of the problem I have. Thank you very much!!! regards

MVP
MVP

Ok, but what's the exact issue? You most probably don't want to create a single master calendar for all these date fields (for example, it doesn't really make sense to filter DATE_START and DATE_END on a single same date).

You may want to use a common calendar on other date fields, though, but there is no general one-script-solves-everythink solution.

ezec1807
New Contributor III

The problem I present is that I have several date fields in several tables, and I need to set up a master calendar that considers all dates at the time of filtering.
The start and end fields are dates that I must consider and then calculate the indicators.

Thank you Stefan!

regards

MVP
MVP

You could use a data island master calendar to select your dates, then use set analysis to apply the filter to all your date fields.

Still, I don't think that using a single master calendar makes sense in general (see also Henric's blog post I've linked to).

ezec1807
New Contributor III

Thank you very much for the help!!!

Community Browser