Qlik Community

Qlik DataMarket Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration regarding Qlik DataMarket.

pnowicki
Contributor

Qlik Data Market - No internet connection detected?

Has anyone received this error message before?  I am confident that we have internet connectivity on our end.  Is it possible the Qlik DataMarket is down? 

Capture_DataMarket.JPG

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pnowicki
Contributor

Re: Qlik Data Market -  No internet connection detected?

It is working now, I'm assuming the issue was on the Qlik side.  Maybe a reboot?

6 Replies
pnowicki
Contributor

Re: Qlik Data Market -  No internet connection detected?

It is working now, I'm assuming the issue was on the Qlik side.  Maybe a reboot?

Employee
Employee

Re: Qlik Data Market - No internet connection detected?

Hi Paul,

Can you access this URL directory:

https://datamarket-api.qlik.com/api/v5/inventory.json

You should get back a JSON response:

If you don't you may have an internet issue on the server component, or this url may be blocked.

You can locate the log file here:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/DataMarket_QV_Connector_help/Content/1.0/Log-inform...

If you have ways or can ask your admin to white-list domains, the domain Qlik DataMarket uses is

datamarket-api.qlik.com

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Let me know how you do.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Employee
Employee

I just saw your reply after I submitted my response, glad it is up and running.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
erikkorme
New Contributor III

Hi!

Just in case someone else finds this page with the same issue I had. I got this message when accessing the Data Market through our Sense Enterprise setup.

It turns out that if you are using ad blockers or similar, the connection to https://datamarket-api.qlik.com‌ is done so that it is visible to the end users browser. So I got this error message because the data market was blocked by my own browser. Disable ad block or use another browser to "fix it".

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Thanks Erik - good information!

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Partner
Partner

Although I am using a much later version (Nov 2017) I discovered from the SP3 readme that there was an issue with DataMarket that was caused by an in-place upgrade. If you perform a repair from "Programs and Features" this resolved my issue.

Craig