Qlik Community

Qlik DataMarket Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration regarding Qlik DataMarket.

Highlighted
deepak_km9886
Contributor

Qlik sense demo data

HI all, where can i find the data associated withe the qlik sense demo apps. I want the data to build my similar kind of apps , so i need those data which are used in qlik sense demo apps.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: Qlik sense demo data

No, you can use a .qvw as a data source with a binary load. You can't import the sheets, charts, tables and other user interface elements into a Qlik Sense app.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
5 Replies
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

If the app is available for download then you can download it and use it for a binary load in a new app. Your new app will import the data model of the demo app in that case.

deepak_km9886
Contributor

I have downloaded it from qlik cloud. Will the data be available in that. Unless and until i edit script app works fine. But if in case i need to edit and load script it gives a error since the file is not found. So how can i manipulate the data according to my need.

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Create a new app and use a binary load to import the data from the dowloaded app.

See the online help for information about binary loading data: Binary ‒ Qlik Sense

deepak_km9886
Contributor

Is there any way to open qvw fiiles i.e, qlik view files in qlik sense desktop. I tried copying the*.qvw app in qlik sense app directory and tried opening in the desktop. I'm getting blank sheets.. Do u have any idea?

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

No, you can use a .qvw as a data source with a binary load. You can't import the sheets, charts, tables and other user interface elements into a Qlik Sense app.