Qlik Community

Qlik DataMarket Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration regarding Qlik DataMarket.

Not applicable

SQL Query in Qlikview

Hi Everyone,

I am required to connect to a database and execute a sql query through Qlikview. The connection to the database is successfully done but the problem arises while executing the query. The query consists of nine left outer joins. When I try to execute this query, the database gets connected perfectly and then the system or script gets hanged with no other progress being shown on the screen. I left the machine in the same state for one hour but still the same message " Script execution in progress ".

Can anyone please help me in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,

Arghya

Tags (1)
7 Replies
sarvesh
Contributor III

Re: SQL Query in Qlikview

I think your code is not proper as per requirement.

Not applicable

Hi Sarvesh,

The sql query is proper as it is given to me by other team who used to fetch data directly from the databse previously but since it will now be done through Qlikview, so they have transferred the query to me. So many left outer joins are present because many cols are required from different tables which are joined. 

i want to know that is there any possible way to do this execution without the script getting hanged.

Thanks and Regards,

Arghya

How long does this query run as your colleagues executed it directly in the database? To this time comes an overhead from the odbc-driver and for the network-traffic and you could run in some timeouts (which mustn't mandatory return an error-message) especially if your external query is executed with a lower priority.

- Marcus

sarvesh
Contributor III

Hi..

If your problem has been solved then mark this "Correct and Helpful" to close this thread.

Not applicable

Hi Sarvesh,

Where can I find "Correct and Helpful".

Thanks and Regards,

Arghya

Not applicable

And also how to close the thread

sarvesh
Contributor III

Hi..

See the attached image to mark this "Correct and Helpful" after that it will close this thread automatically.Qlik.jpg

Community Browser