Qlik Community

Qlik DataMarket Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration regarding Qlik DataMarket.

Not applicable

Stop/Start Qlikview Services on different server

Hi I have read the blog Restarting/Stopping/Starting services in QlikViewbut my requirement is different .

I have two serves SERVER1 and SERVER2 and Qlikview services are running on both the server . I want to create a batch script which STOP and START Qlikview services.

If i kept my batch file on SERVER1 and execute command "NET STOP QlikviewWebserver" it will stop service on SERVER1.

Could you please help me to provide command/script through which I can start/stop serves on SERVER2 from executing my script from SERVER1?

4 Replies

Re: Stop/Start Qlikview Services on different server

Maybe you used qv itself to start/stop services with appropriate qvw's on each server with an execute-statement which will be triggered from the qmc, like:

Execute cmd.exe /C net stop QlikViewServer;

sleep 15000;

Execute cmd.exe /C net start QlikViewServer;

- Marcus

Not applicable

Its not working

Within my single server environment it worked well and could imagine that these approach could be implemented into a clustered environment but maybe there are other and better ideas for this and maybe bbt  could help.

Btw. what is aim for this automatism then normally the services need no regular restarts and in cases that something has failured a manually access is more appropriate.

- Marcus

Not applicable

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your time.

I managed to restart the Qlikview services remotely through below command.

Open command prompt

C:\> sc \\<<SERVERNAME>> STOP <<Service name>>

eg.

sc \\SERVER2 STOP QlikviewWebserver

Community Browser