Qlik Community

Qlik DataMarket Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration regarding Qlik DataMarket.

Not applicable

printing a cell data into merged cell and expand rows as the text increases in nPrinting.

Hi Everybody,

I need a help to solve one important problem I am facing with excel report in nPrinting.

I have one table data in Qlik. One of the expression field has large text value (2000 char).

when I am populating the table data in excel template using nPrinting, the large cell value is not showing in merged cell it unmerge then cell and populating all data in a cell. Now I can not see the whole text as it is too long.

I tried with variable but the problem is, this kind of large data field is more than one and has different filter.

so when I put all fields with different variable then I tried then it is only showing the first selection (matching filter) data but not the others.
but my requirement is print all field data.

so kindly give some solution.

I am attaching the QVW file along with the excel layout and nsq file of nprinting.

Thanks

Deepak

1 Reply
Employee
Employee

Re: printing a cell data into merged cell and expand rows as the text increases in nPrinting.

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the question.

There are two possible solution for this:

1. You can manually enlarge the column containing the long caption in the template. The setting you chose will be maintained in the generated report.

2. You can use the Wrap Cell option:

-Select the cell containing the caption in the template.

- Right click on it and choose Format Cell

- Select "Wrap text" in Alignment.

I hope this helps

Community Browser