Qlik Community

Qlik DataMarket Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration regarding Qlik DataMarket.

Not applicable

system will hang when reloading the data

hi i'm new ti qlikview,

developed some reports in one system with the data loading from .qvd files.

and after that opened the .qvw file in other system. i'm able to see the reports but when i refresh the data it hanging the system and CPU utilization wil be 100%. is there anyhting wrong with qlikview???

and i'm using qlikview personal edition.

4 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: system will hang when reloading the data

The problem is not Qlikview nor is it the fact that you are using PE; there is a problem the in load script and/or the data. But is impossible to diagnose without more information - but at a guess, it could be due a large synthetic key being built (or a cartesian join) and running out of memory.

Not applicable

is this will be solved if we purchase the qlikview.

MVP
MVP

There isn't any difference from the performance point of view between personal edition and licensed edition (see also Jonathan's answer), so the answer is no.

If you have the log enabled you can open it and look at then end of the log to diagnose the problem.

Another option is to add to the script an "exit script" (at the begin of the script) and reload, then move forward the exit script and reload until the reload hangs.

boopeshj
New Contributor III

@Santosh please check more on Synthetic keys before you analyze further as mentioned by Jonathan.

Synthetic Keys

Re: Syntetic key

Community Browser