Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Can I deploy QDF in a way I get for example two root containers?

Hello
Currently we are using QDF

we have a root folder called QDF and in it we have all projects containers
QDFs are linked to the containers folders as follows:
SET vG.RootContainer='TECHNICAL STORE QVDS\QDF';
SET vG.HomeContainer='1.IBOR';
$(Must_Include=lib://$(vG.RootContainer)/$(vG.HomeContainer)/InitLink.qvs);

and the connect to other containers as follows:
call LCGV('QVDGENPEGA','Transform')
let vL.SourcePath = '$(vG.QVDGENPEGATransformPath)';

Now suppose I created a new root container QDFII
is there a way for the QDFs linked to containers of QDFII to connect to containers under QDF (the original root container)

kindly advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

The idea with root (vG.RootPath) is to be on top of all the containers so root is not a container itself. With Qlik Sense "single lib mount" you have one Qlik Sense folder (lib) that is the vG.RootPath with all your containers underneath. Using  "separate lib mounts" vG.RootPath is not used at all, instead every added Qlik Sense folder (lib) is considered as separate containers. If you have several QDF structures, vG.RootPath will have the same name but point to the framework used at the time, meaning that you can move the app without changing the script (this is the idea when using QDF)

Hope that this helps, regards Magnus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

The idea with root (vG.RootPath) is to be on top of all the containers so root is not a container itself. With Qlik Sense "single lib mount" you have one Qlik Sense folder (lib) that is the vG.RootPath with all your containers underneath. Using  "separate lib mounts" vG.RootPath is not used at all, instead every added Qlik Sense folder (lib) is considered as separate containers. If you have several QDF structures, vG.RootPath will have the same name but point to the framework used at the time, meaning that you can move the app without changing the script (this is the idea when using QDF)

Hope that this helps, regards Magnus

thomasmaure
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hello,

LCGV won't work when containers are under different root container, but it is possible to use DCGV instead which does not rely on local ContainerMap.csv but requires full container path.

Regards

Thomas