Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vasilev
Contributor III
Contributor III

Deploying of Apps in Sense

Hallo guys,

We have used since 2015 the QDF with QlikView. We have DEV, TEST and PROD environment in our company. Now we want to launch Sense next to QlikView. Unfortunately I have found that loading of data in Sense is not the same as in QlikView. In Sense you have to create first a connection and then use this one with the LIB command to load the data. Because each environment has a different path I have to create three connection for every environment. Is there any solution where I can handle all 3 environments with only one connection? I coundn't find anything to this issue in the QDF documentation. At this time I can imagine how can I deploy from TEST to PROD without changing the path in the connection.

Thanks for helping me in advance!

BR,

Rumen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Rumen, you need three lib's, one for each environment, but you can control what lib's to use dynamically by using the variable vG.RootContainer first in the script,  example:  
SET vG.RootContainer=’DEV’;
$(Include=lib://$(vG.RootContainer)\InitLink.qvs); 

vG.RootContainer can be "auto-fetched" by renaming the app to the current environment, like Sales_DEV and fetching the last three letters using  DocumentName( ) 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
teemu_jr
Contributor II
Contributor II

Replying to get notified too.

We just created the connections manually and added 'Security Rules'. 

Curious to hear about other ways.

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Rumen, you need three lib's, one for each environment, but you can control what lib's to use dynamically by using the variable vG.RootContainer first in the script,  example:  
SET vG.RootContainer=’DEV’;
$(Include=lib://$(vG.RootContainer)\InitLink.qvs); 

vG.RootContainer can be "auto-fetched" by renaming the app to the current environment, like Sales_DEV and fetching the last three letters using  DocumentName( ) 

vasilev
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your suggestions guys. Because we don't have QMC yet, I would prefer the solution of Magnus.

BR,

Rumen