cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NancyG
Contributor
Contributor

Dynamic Axis

I'm trying to design a scatter chart that allows the user to pick the x and y axis from lists of available variables.  I have separate/duplicate lists of available variables for each axis for users to pick from. I want to plot the chosen variables for all test combos without [null] values.  How do I do this in Qlik?

TestIDVAR1VAR2VAR3VAR4
Test1[null]950
Test23772
Test3510[null]1
Test44.51162
Test56[null]6.51.5
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NancyG
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This was the solution for me.  I'm still learning about syntax in Qlik.  I'm not sure why this worked.

TheAnswer.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
NancyG
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I've figured out how to plot two user selected variables against each other in a Combo Chart using the only(channel) aggregation.   Currently with 4 variables I manage this with  a series of if statements.  I've also created two variables in the Settings/Variable Overview area, XPLOT & YPLOT, that are set to the Field Selections for my channel list boxes.

Once my dashboard goes from development to production the list of channels will be much larger and dynamic (channels may be created at any time).  How can I use XPLOT & YPLOT to replace the series of logical statements?

This is what I have currently but it's not manageable moving forward.

if(PLOTY = 'VAR1',only(VAR1),
     if(PLOTY = 'VAR2', only(VAR2),
          if(PLOTY = 'VAR3', only(VAR3),
              if(PLOTY = 'VAR4', only(VAR4),XAXIS))))

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I'm not really sure what you are trying to do. Is it a dynamic x axis based on a selection? 

Please take a look at my attached example. If it not the answer, please adjust the data in the script and try to describe the desired output with a picture or excel file. 

image.png

NancyG
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I'm trying to allow a user to select any two channels and plot them against each other. 

Plot_2.PNG

NancyG
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This was the solution for me.  I'm still learning about syntax in Qlik.  I'm not sure why this worked.

TheAnswer.PNG