Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelfentondata
Partner - Contributor III

Exclude Admin apps from Governance Dashboard

Hi,

I have the Governance Dashboard set up within QDF and it is working fine.  However, I would like to exclude all the Admin apps (including System Monitor, Variable Editor, etc).

How do I go about doing this?  Should I edit DF_Script_for_GD.qvs, or is there a better way?

Regards, Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Michael, as you noticed the GovDb gets autopopulated with QDF settings when using the script, the exclude rule is defaulted in 0.Administration to hide 0.Examples and GovDb itself.

If you want to hide the hole container change in the DF_Script_for_GD.qvs line 104 to

LET vFileRootPath$(vL.tttt)Exclude= replace(replace('$(vQVGovHome)','-','%-'),'+','%+')&'|0.Administration\';

Cheers

Magnus

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Michael - have you tried the exclude input box in the configuration section?

2-24-2014 5-56-20 PM.png

2-24-2014 5-55-00 PM.png

Michael Tarallo

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
michaelfentondata
Author

That field gets overwritten by the config script each time you perform a reload.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Let me check into this.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Michael, as you noticed the GovDb gets autopopulated with QDF settings when using the script, the exclude rule is defaulted in 0.Administration to hide 0.Examples and GovDb itself.

If you want to hide the hole container change in the DF_Script_for_GD.qvs line 104 to

LET vFileRootPath$(vL.tttt)Exclude= replace(replace('$(vQVGovHome)','-','%-'),'+','%+')&'|0.Administration\';

Cheers

Magnus

michaelfentondata
Author

Thanks Magnus,

I have modified it to exclude Variable Editor too, as follows:

LET vFileRootPath$(vL.tttt)Exclude= replace(replace('$(vQVGovHome)','-','%-'),'+','%+')&'|0.Administration\|2.VariableEditor\';

I notice that the excluded files still appear in list boxes, but when you select them there is no data.  It looks like all files get loaded into the FileList table but not other tables.

Cheers, Michael

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Michael - yes that is because of the history kept from the initial scan. If any of that historical data is not longer important - you can delete your .QVD files located here:

..\profiles\default\QVD_historical

and then rescan using the new script that you modified.

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
michaelfentondata
Author

Thanks Mike.

That sorted it out.