Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Generate a report from two other reports

Hello

On my sheet I have two table boxes that have the exact same columns. However, the data in these boxes are different. I'm trying to generate a new Table box that gets the differences between the two table boxes. That is show me in another box what is in the first box that is not in the second box. In SQL its like SELECT ID FROM A WHERE A.ID NOT IN (SELECT ID FROM B). Please is this possible? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Create a straight table chart with dimension Tab1_customer_id and expression

=sum({<Tab1_customer_id  /= p(Tab2_customer_id)>}1)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this discussion: How to compare 2 tables and put non-matching results?

Or maybe this one: Intersection of List box values (it's not only about intersection)

Not applicable
Author

I don't really understand and I'm retrieving these records from a MySQL data base using queries. But I want to edit a query on the sheet to exclude some values from another table.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

With Qlikview you retrieve data from a source like MySQL and load that data into Qlikviews internal in-memory database. This is done with the select and/or load statements you build in the script editor. Once the data is loaded you can interact with the data using for sheet objects like list boxes and charts. Qlikviews internal in-memory database is not an SQL database. You can't query it with sql statements. So there is no query to edit.

Can you post a sample document with some data so one of us can show you a solution?

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Not applicable
Author

Table1.png

I have two sheet objects(Table boxes) That have this same column. The column in Table one is Tab1_customer_id and the column in table two is called Tab2_customer_id. I want to create a new sheet object that excludes records from table one. I mean I want to get all customer_ids from table one that are not in table two. Please help. 

Not applicable
Author

I tried using =if(Match(tot_customer_id,new_customer_id),Null(),tot_customer_id). But still does not give me the exact figure.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Create a straight table chart with dimension Tab1_customer_id and expression

=sum({<Tab1_customer_id  /= p(Tab2_customer_id)>}1)

Not applicable
Author

Hello sorry but this does not run, Whats the p for?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Works for me. See attached example.

The p is for Possible values.

Not applicable
Author

I'm really sorry about this but I'm using the free version and I don't have the ability to open any documents again. Please can you copy and paste the solution here again. Thank you.