This group hosts information related to the Qlik Deployment Framework (QDF). Providing best practices, libraries and utilities that facilitate the recommended setup and management of QlikView or Qlik Sense environments. An understanding of the Qlik platform is recommended before joining this group. Download QDF and documentation here: https://github.com/QlikDeploymentFramework/Qlik-Deployment-Framework/releases
we once had the requirement that
- management should have a Dashboard to themselves
- every team on the shopfloor should have a Dashboard
- the mgmt_dashboard should just show the bottom_line of the important KPIs (green/ red) out of every team_dashboard.
- Mgmt should also have the possibility of clicking in their Dashboard on any red status_light (indicating a negative bottom_line in one
KPI) and thereby automatically open the team_dashboard with that KPI and, if possible, that very sheet.
=> Thus we had the need to pass the info of which KPI's status_light had been pressed to the team_Dashboard.
=> Here's one way (there are sure to be more) of doing this:
- Create an inline table with all possible pieces of information you might want to pass to the opened dashboard in every Dashboard
=> a qvs file seems a good idea in that case, so you don't have to type that every time
- In the trigger_dialog for that status_light, just add another trigger to automatically select the required value in that table
=> Tick the checkbox to 'pass selections' in the trigger_dialog.
=> In the opened Dashboard, try adding a document_level_trigger, based on the selection in that table, to activate a specific sheet.
=> Last, not least: If you have the same scenario (with a mgmt_dashboard) - don't forget to implement a button in every team_app so they can jump back to their mgmt_Dashboard - you can make that button visible only for management, or maybe the type of licenses used will make sure no one else can use it.