Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it posible to install Qlikview Desktop and Qlik Sense Desktop in same system?

Hi,

I need to know that, can QlikView Desktop and Qlik Sense Desktop be installed in the same system for development purpose?

I have Qlikview desktop installed in my laptop (64 bit system) from long time but when I install Qlik Sense Desktop, it says installation is successful but I am unable to find the Qlik Sense in my program list.

Thanks,

Homprakash.

4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Homprakash, I have bot installed in my laptop, working correctly in 64 bit system.

The shortcut goes to: C:\Users\[Your User]\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\QlikSense.exe

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruben,

My company IT team person (Administrator login) installed the Qlik Sense Desktop in my office laptop (it is not personal laptop) and I am not able to find Qlik Sense Desktop traces anywhere in my laptop but I see QlikView folders.

Screen Shot.png

rubenmarin

Not sure but maybe the installation depends on user, Sense apps are stored in 'Documents library' wich is a user-dependand folder.

Ask your IT team to check if their user has sense installed in the laptop, If it's there, they should make the installation with your user, giving temporary administrator privileges.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Homprakash,

Ruben is correct. The installation is under the users profile. So the user that installed the product will have the shortcut.

Let us know how you do.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik